[1.06] Minor sound bug

Insolentius

Question

The game pauses and suspends ambient sounds when a player opens the inventory, which works as it should; however, once the player opens the crafting screen, the game unpauses for a brief moment (playing the background noises for a fraction of a second) and then pauses again. This leads to a jarring aural transition between the Inventory and Crafting UI elements.

Edited by Insolentius

25 answers to this question

I reverted back to 1.05 and noticed that ambient sounds fade out only when pausing the game, not when accessing the inventory. 1.06 cancels ambient sounds in both cases, which causes the problem when accessing the crafting screen.

I hate to be bumping this thread, but I noticed something else; all ambient sounds get muted when starting a dialogue. This leads to absolute silence while talking to another character unless there's music in the background (which more often than not isn't the case; the amount of time without music playing in the background is another issue). I went back to 1.05 (again) and everything seems to work fine.

Please don't sweep this issue under the rug; even though it's not game-breaking, it ruins the immersion.

Edited by Insolentius

Hit this bug today, first play on 1.06.

This is a major bug, and needs a fix asap.  I'm very near the end, and I guess I won't be finishing until this is fixed. No sound even for scripted interactions anymore, and every looted corpse pauses the ambient sound...  not enjoyable.

I thought this bug would not affect me because I never had any noticeable sound bugs. Oh boy, was I wrong. It completely ruined the beginning cutscene when you leave the cave. The noises that were supposed to convey what happens were never heard. If you want to get a feel of how immersion breaking this bug can be, feel free to check this savegame. (Host will remove it after 30 days without a download)

Because this bug has been introduced by patch 1.06 (along with Arcane Assault failing when cast from stealth), and because it is dire enough, I would say that it looks like a candidate for a hotfix.

Any chance for a hotfix to happen ? I don't know the cost of getting a patch through.

Edited by Adragan

Hey, everyone. I am having QA do more investigation to see if we need to hotfix. A bar for a hotfix is pretty high, but if this bug is significant enough we may do one. I will let you guys know when we have decided.

Thanks for the reports.

• Like 2

Thanks for telling us :)

I understand that you can't just release a new version every day because it's not free and possibly not free for your partners such as GoG and Steam (?) either. It's okay with me if it doesn't happen, c'est la vie! and I hope it won't affect how memorable this game becomes to me.

Edited by Adragan

Minor bug ? If we "speak" to a backer, we've only the blur effect, but no sound. :getlost:

I labeled the bug as "minor" during the early stages of 1.06 beta when I thought it only affected the transition to the crafting screen. As I continued playing, I noticed that it affected more things (which I duly reported).

I can't change the thread title.

• Like 1

Hi there, just wanted to add to the issue of the sound bug when speaking to backer NPCs - it's really noticeable when moving from 1.05 to 1.06. Disappointing as it does break immersion; does anyone know if other sounds are affected? I hope I'm not missing out on spoken dialogue etc. as I'm still quite close to the beginning of the game I believe.

Really hoping for a hotfix!

When talking to certain npcs on 1.06 I can barely hear them, just wondering if that is related to this bug. When entering defiance bay all npcs outdoors were very low but going inside the inn and scriveners dorm npcs had normal sounding voices. 

Hey, everyone. I am having QA do more investigation to see if we need to hotfix. A bar for a hotfix is pretty high, but if this bug is significant enough we may do one. I will let you guys know when we have decided.

Thanks for the reports.

After having QA investigate further we have decided to hotfix the problem. Programmers are working on the issue right now.

• Like 4