1.06 Patch

BAdler

Question

EDIT: I just moved the 1.06 patch (Build 586) live on Steam.

We are looking to put the 1.06 patch beta up later today. We are just doing some basic tests to make sure it doesn't explode your machines.

If you would like to see what is in store for this next patch check out the blog post.

• Like 10

Hello. I have a question about the visuals I posted in this thread

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/79513-low-quality-textures-in-game/

Was it intended that some textures are high res in game and in the level up screen like:

eanyqd.jpg

But then others look pretty bad compared to the level up  screen like

30063hx.jpg

I posted a few more examples in that topic. Is this only on my end or for everyone?

Edited by Dinky Dino

No major issues addressed. No changes to AI or Stronghold mechanics. Frustrating.

What about the expansion? People are finishing the fifth playthrough by now.

You should probably worry about the game being slightly less riddled with bugs before asking about the expansion. It's been like, two months man. Unless you just want some horse armor give it some time. 

• Like 1

You can't be serious.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

No major issues addressed. No changes to AI or Stronghold mechanics. Frustrating.

It's a bit contradictory saying that no major issues are addressed and then asking them for the expansion. Most probaby, those issues are not addressed yet because they put a big chunk of their team to work on the expansion (i'd prefer it was the other way around, honestly).

But anyway, I wouldn't hope the expansion to be released at least until christmas (best case scenario).

• Like 1

Major issues not addressed and yet people are finishing the fifth play through? Lolwut

You should probably worry about the game being slightly less riddled with bugs before asking about the expansion. It's been like, two months man. Unless you just want some horse armor give it some time. 

You can't be serious.

It's a bit contradictory saying that no major issues are addressed and then asking them for the expansion. Most probaby, those issues are not addressed yet because they put a big chunk of their team to work on the expansion (i'd prefer it was the other way around, honestly).

But anyway, I wouldn't hope the expansion to be released at least until christmas (best case scenario).

Major issues not addressed and yet people are finishing the fifth play through? Lolwut

Do not get me wrong, I'm not crazy or stupid. I am very happy that the game is being corrected. You may have missed it, but the expansion was promised to shortly after the game's release. HERE.

Speaking of expansions, can you give us any details on what might be coming in the future?

Feargus Urquhart: Sure. So, with the Kickstarter we announced that we were going to do an expansion, and so how we're approaching that is to actually do the expansion in two parts, and have one part out sooner than the other part. The idea being that people are really enjoying Pillars right now and they're going to get finished their first or second playthrough within in the next two weeks, a month, something like that. And so, we definitely want there to be content for them to enjoy and I think we're going to be talking about that pretty soon. I don't think we've released anything specifically, but it really ends up being this concept of this story that expands parts of what you would see in those sort of old school expansions we made for Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate. So not just these three, four hour downloadable DLCs, but definitely big chunks of a story and a new hub to go to and things like that.

So that's kind of how we're really approaching it, like we've done with Eternity throughout is this idea of, these games kind of went away but not for a reason they should have. The industry shifted to so much console with this idea that PC wasn't so much of a gaming platform, which I know no one thinks that anymore. So, back then when you got an expansion you got this meaty thing with hours and hours of gameplay. And that's really what we're trying to do. So, while we're splitting it in two, it is like one continual story that people get to play.

Also I like to see the correction of bugs that are happening and are being reported repeatedly, but completely ignored. ICYMI: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/79258-common-recurring-bug-list-patch-105/

When I complain and ask for expansion, do not mean to developers leave the corrections and deliver me more things to do in the game. I want them to correct in the expansion things that were unacceptable in the game and I have hope that will be corrected with the expansion: stronghold, hearts, forges, labs, crafting and enchanting. I also think that class corrections must occur after correcting the AI problems. But, hey, I´m just a player.

So, yes, I´m serious.

Edited by TT1

1.05 was supposed to be a major patch insofar as balancing concerns. Gromnir's assumption were that 1.06 were gonna be far more limited and more focused on eradicating some o' the more persistent bugs.  and in all honesty, given the absence o' a respec feature, the rebalancing with each patch is actually a bit annoying to us.  rebalance is swell and all, but if to take advantage o' such rebalancing we must needs restart the game, we is a bit underwhelmed by such changes. there is more than a few persistent bugs that has lingered for a couple months and we would personal prefer to see at least one patch dedicated to fixes rather than improvements and rebalancing.

as for the expansion, it's only been 2 months since the release o' the game. many significant issues have been addressed since late march.   in fact, every patch has resulted in at least a few folks complaining that _________ was nerfed.  pretending that the obsidians has not made significant changes to the game mechanics in a relative short period o' time is delusional. 

'course this is one o' those conflicts wherein perception and reality are at odds. if a particular player does not get his issues addressed, he will fume and rage that obsidian is ignoring the fanbase and/or being lackadaisical in fixing know poe problems.   regardless o' how much obsidian does, if those issues of concern to bob or roy or other folks is not addressed, then obsidian is clearly no doing their job, right?

*snort*

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Is official 32-bit support/fixes still being worked on, or is it not going to happen?

Game needs more than 2GB apparently, so you need to get more RAM and an OS which can handle it (even default WinXP can but its against the law)

Edited by roller12

I'm still on my first playthrough because of the game-breaking bug where Azo never shows up in the Sanitarium. I've actually shelved the game for now, because I can't do anything else (completed every task/quest/bounty that I could). I was hoping to see this bug fixed so I could move on to Act 3.

Any plans to allow the Paladin's Liberating Exhortation to target Charmed, Dominated, and Confused allies? Currently you can't target any friendly effects on turned allies, and since Liberating Exhortation is single target..

I specifically made a Paladin for my second playthrough as a Goldpact Knight just to counter charm enemies.. got the ability just to find out it doesn't work! This is especially confusing since the Goldpacts have a talent that increases resistance to those effects. Those are really the only two counters to charm in the game.. you can fight Dank Spores at level 3, but you can't cast Prayer against Treachery until level 11!

Please note that the cleric spell Suppress Affliction does suppress these effects. Since Liberating Exhortation seems to be a single target version of the same spell, and Exhortations are supposed to be powerful effects on their own, I don't see why this shouldn't work.

As a side note, any plans for Cleric/Paladin Reputations to work off the main character's Reputations? Currently it's almost pointless to have a Paladin as a groupmate, their saves aren't too special if they aren't powered up by a high Reputation. Cleric is less affected, but still an issue.

Thanks!

How come NONE of these in this thread have been addressed?

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/79258-common-recurring-bug-list-patch-105/

These were supposed to be fixed in this patch at least:

cRichards

• Developers
  • dev.gif
  • 241 posts

This is the status of some of the issues mentioned as far as I am aware:

#2 Companion dialogue skipping - Probably an issue with the computer running a parallel server or virtual OS, addressed here

#4 Permanent status effects - Fixed and retroactive

#5 Paladins in Noonfrost disabling passives - Fixed and retroactive

#6 Dual-wielding with unarmed and 1 weapon not working properly- Fixed

#7 Retaliation on friendly spells - Fixed

#12 Losing items when dismissing companions - Fixed, cannot be retroactive

Seriously, what is going on with this game and its treasure trove of game-play bugs? And the sound bug was established by users as NOT being related to anything on the post linked.

And how on earth can this not be fixed yet?

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/79382-issuebug-hiravias-stuck-at-half-endurance/

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/79445-bug-permanent-reduced-endurance-for-hiravias/?hl=endurance

Good job customer beta testers, you are doing a nice unpaid job for obsidian. Me too with all my bug report compilations. If I was business savvy I would be asking for some kind of compensation for all this. :D

Even the devs admit we ate doing their work:

cRichards

"Two-handed weapons are intended to cost twice the amount of ingredients to enchant, but very nice job discovering that the x2 ingredient requirement does not properly get reset when viewing the crafting menu. This issue has been reported to the team. Keep up the great work!"

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/79288-105-v567-crafting-bug-ingredients/

So, keep it up guys, your great unpaid work for the devs!

Edited by Baladas
  • Like 2

I really don`t see the point in balancing talents like paladin auras, that are not working as intended in the first place. Area of effect bugs and enemies remaining buffed after charmed effect wears off are not adressed, but devs somehow thought that nerfing Zealous Endurance would be a nice thing. Also, any word from the devs, about why are some major issues being ignored, would be greatly appreciated - are they unfixable, unfixable atm, or not being worked on at all. Don`t get me wrong, I love this game, but the state it has been released in, and major bugs throughout, are keeping it from being a true masterpiece. Really hope all the issues will be fixed in the foreseeable future, `till then i`m gonna shelf it.

• Like 1

Hello. I have a question about the visuals I posted in this thread

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/79513-low-quality-textures-in-game/

Was it intended that some textures are high res in game and in the level up screen like:

But then others look pretty bad compared to the level up  screen like

I posted a few more examples in that topic. Is this only on my end or for everyone?

This is intended. We use different resolution textures depending on minimum/maximum zoom level of the camera. Textures in paper doll need to be higher because the zoom level is increased.

Is official 32-bit support/fixes still being worked on, or is it not going to happen?

We have tried a few different things in previous patches, but if you are still running into 32-bit crash bugs there may not be much more that we can do right now.

We are still looking into things, but there are no easy wins at this point.

Version 1.0.6 for Linux is not live on Steam yet, as far as I can tell. Do you happen to have any ETA? Thanks.

It should be live in the beta, as far as I know. Are you looking in the beta?