Heritage Hill (main quest spoiler)

Hi, I was going to post this in General Discussion but then I figured it would include a couple of spoilers. This is less of a story and more of a satisfying recollection of something that happened in Heritage Hill.

In regards to Icantha/Aldwins conflict; I decided to lie to Icantha's food and sent them up to feed Aldwin instead, and for my efforts I was rewarded with +1 Might and 5% endurance bonus, or something to that affect (I'm a ways beyond this now). There was a negative reputation included of course but that's never really bothered me much. I mostly did it because I found Icantha's actions more repulsive and I wanted to see how Aldwins situation was resolved (I let him "live" in the end).

All in all I was very satisfied with how that played out and I am hoping for more such events as I play through the game (I'm only in Act III of my first playthrough). I didn't create an evil character, for the record. I'm more or less roleplaying a twisted Druid that loses control of his actions in Bear form, and deals with the consequences later. He's not exactly sane at this point, nor compassionate. Sometimes the bear just needs to take over and sort matters out. Granted, it wasn't the bear that lied and sent those prisoners to an alternative death. But it WAS the bears fault. Somehow. Between Aloth and myself lies a very fragile state of sanity. There have been casualties.

How many of you sent the prisoners to Aldwin?

• Like 1

Well, Aldwin had to eat something. The interesting thing is that he remarked (after he ate all three people-bisquits) that he should have saved two of them to eat later but that he was just too hungry.

Well, I would've done, but you don't get the option if you send the Valtas girl first :devil:

Grieving Mother will leave the party if she's present when you do this

Aldwin seemed quite upset with himself that he couldn't resist eating her :x

(First playthrough I saved them all - this time, my PC is a bit cruel ;) )

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Well, I would've done, but you don't get the option if you send the Valtas girl first :devil:

Obviously it doesn't work at all, if you already cleared Heritage Hill. I went back there to look up the prisoners, but there was no option to send them to Aldwin.

I like your style! But I haven't come across this Valtas girl yet; I'm satisfied with the prisoners getting eaten.

Regarding the Grieving Mother, I chose not to add her to my party this time around (mainly because I didn't want to click through the 1001 dialogue messages before I could add her). My party was full and I was feeling a bit lazy. I suppose I should go get her and send her to defend my castle.

^I didn't use her n my party the first playthrough (she sat at caed nua, doing the odd minor adventure), this time I'm using the companions I didn't the first time (Hiravias, GM and Pallegina - mostly because I already had a full team the first time before I met them).  Took Aloth again as he's a fair wizard and added an adventurer's hall priest.

It's interesting seeing the different reactions.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I like your style! But I haven't come across this Valtas girl yet; I'm satisfied with the prisoners getting eaten.

Regarding the Grieving Mother, I chose not to add her to my party this time around (mainly because I didn't want to click through the 1001 dialogue messages before I could add her). My party was full and I was feeling a bit lazy. I suppose I should go get her and send her to defend my castle.

There's always the Skaen bloodpool right around the corner. Sadly it only works with scripted companions not with your average mercenary.