Sanitarium main quest bug?

pitininja

Question

Description:

I can't progress in the Sanitarium main quest. I've talk to everyone in here. The statue and Audmer: no talking options remaining, neither of them give me access to the locked rooms in the basement. Bellasege: I went to her first a while ago and talked to her about Aloth. She made an experiment, I stole the notes, and now she won't talk again. Finally, Moedred, who talks to me about his research but won't give me any access either. The north east and north doors are locked, I need a key or a permission to access.

Steps:

- I went to Bellasege first, talked to her about Aloth and stole the notes

- Then i went to the statue, talked to him about everything I could

- Then Audmer , same, and finally Moedred.

Files:

Save file and system specs:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7DzA5ZeYCAkfkJIS0xVVVVPb2ZpNV9DV25DLV83SUxrdkt6X3FTbWpxQzdxdERITkczUzA&usp=sharing

7 answers to this question

I had a look at the savegame. Seem to be a clear bug. The Quest "The Man who waits" simply is not in your journal even though it should be.

I could still complete the quest by killing the guards and taking the key and then killing Azo and taking his key, and then I went to see the patients and ban "quest completed: The man who waits" and it suddenly appeared in your journal. 

6ej155.jpg

Well, I tried what you said Omnicron. Unfortunatly if I kill the two guards to get access to the north door, I can talk to Azo and the patient, fight against the final wave, but the quest does'nt appers in my journal. I can't talk to anyone in the Sanatorium anymore (they attack my group cause of what I did to their friend). I tried to kill Azo too, but no key was present on the body. So I guess I can't progress... Don't know what to do... :(

I tried it and I see no solution either...

I hope for you that the bug will be retroactively fixed in the next patch.

Do you know at which point you have lost the main quest "The man who waits" ?

Well, I tried what you said Omnicron. Unfortunatly if I kill the two guards to get access to the north door, I can talk to Azo and the patient, fight against the final wave, but the quest does'nt appers in my journal. I can't talk to anyone in the Sanatorium anymore (they attack my group cause of what I did to their friend). I tried to kill Azo too, but no key was present on the body. So I guess I can't progress... Don't know what to do... :(

I am not sure if I understand you correctly, but you might have done it wrong?

Here is the savegame, I got you to the point where you can talk to Uscgrim to finish the quest. Let me know if it still does not work and I will get you out as well if you are still stuck

https://www.sendspace.com/file/sukuug

Sanitarium does not seem to be hostile, but if they are I would not worry about it, you will see why later

6ej155.jpg

Hello Omnicron,

First of all thanks a lot for helping! It was driving me crazy, now I can have hope :)

I tried with the save file you gave me, and everyone is attacking me in the sanatorium (the guards, magicians, etc.). But maybe it's ok, cause you killed the guards before to get the key? The statue upstairs won't talk to me because of it...

How can I do?

I uploaded my most recent save file so you can look at it (I've done a few side quest since then). Or just tell me if there is a workaround :)

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7DzA5ZeYCAkfkJIS0xVVVVPb2ZpNV9DV25DLV83SUxrdkt6X3FTbWpxQzdxdERITkczUzA&usp=sharing

Thanks again mate!

Okay, I think I finally made it ^^

I killed the guards, Azo, then I got out by killing those who attacked me (pretty much everyone :D)

And the quest appeared in my journal like it was ended.

Strange bug...

Many thanks for helping dear Omnicron!!!

And sorry for my bad english ^^

• Like 1