Trying to kill the Caravan as a Bleak Walker on PotD and failing hard.

I manage to kill Heodan and 1 Caravan Guard, but that seems to be my limit.

I use Calista to pull the wolves to Heodan (Which also gets rid of Sparfel). This takes care of Calista and puts Heodan on Injured

Kill one of the horses, which pulls the caravan to you. Like I said I managed to kill one Caravan Guard and Heodan while getting critically injured. Used two potions and lay on hands.

Might: 18

Con:19

Dex: 10

Per:3

Int: 12

Res: 16

Trying Scale and Chain armor, hardest thing is weapon choice. Odema's health regen is insane. How did these guys get slaughtered? O_o

Edited by Omnicron
  • Like 1

6ej155.jpg

For that fight specifically I always sneak around the back (where the horses were) so you can place yourself next to one of the trailers, theres a chokepoint, where only one enemy at the time can aggro you. Antipathetic field is a killer if they line up ahead of you.

This is what Raven suggested in the pacifist thread for a Cipher. One at a time has to be the way to do it with your build too.

Your stats do not look ideal to begin with.

High Res and Per are a must, no need to max, but I wouldn't go below 16.

As to weapon and armor I always go living lands on paladin, you get a mace which is really good and a free brigandine.

Whether you can kill the caravan and the bandits afterwards is another question though, as you can't rest in between.

Oh and don't use a shield on a level 1 pala, destroys its accurracy, thats why you need higher per and res.

Ok I did it with the char stats I posted in OP  :)

Pike FTW !!!

32zhz09.jpg

Had  one caravaner block the choke point and killed Odema and his boys without them being able to reach me and the damage from the caravaner was pathetic. Did not even use lay on hands ;)

(Not a solo run)

Edited by Omnicron

6ej155.jpg

Kill Caravan , then Dwarf Chef in Valewood , then Nonton in Valewood as well , then go to Gilded Vale and now you can stack your deceptive disposition like a boss or cruel if you want half of town to go berserk on you . Can rub it in Aufra's Face that you killed her sister , can rub it to Innkeeper that you killed the cook tho all in will go berserk on you , after you kill nonton you can visit Ingroed house and lie to her that you never saw nonton then go to bear cave complete the quest and comeback to rub it into Ingroed face she goes berserk on you and drops +5 DEF ring :D

• Like 1

Kill Caravan , then Dwarf Chef in Valewood , then Nonton in Valewood as well , then go to Gilded Vale and now you can stack your deceptive disposition like a boss or cruel if you want half of town to go berserk on you . Can rub it in Aufra's Face that you killed her sister , can rub it to Innkeeper that you killed the cook tho all in will go berserk on you , after you kill nonton you can visit Ingroed house and lie to her that you never saw nonton then go to bear cave complete the quest and comeback to rub it into Ingroed face she goes berserk on you and drops +5 DEF ring :D

So in short, the purpose is to create a right little sunshine of a character.

I usually end up with Rogue/Cipher/Ranger as PC and try to keep them pure to Deceptive , Agressive , Cruel , Clever dispositions lol ;D 

Yeah, I had a character that ended up with solid 4s on deceptive, cruel, aggressive and clever and a whooping 0 on benevolent and diplomatic, but offing the caravan or the people in Valewood never crossed my mind.

Edited by abaris

Damn, this thread oozes cruelty :)

Having trouble with the games combat on POTD, Trial of Iron?

- Hurtin bomb droppin MONK - [MONK BUILD] - [CLICK HERE]

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

- Fighter Heavy Tank - [FIGHTER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

Anita Sarkeesian keeps Bioware's balls in a jar on her shelf.

What is wrong with the world!? This is just terrible.

Moria Brown:  That's horrible! You're horrible! This thing is horrible! Everything's horrible! Argh!

But really, Cipher's so much easier to mass-slaughter the caravan it's not even funny.

Edited by Manty5

I tried this just for fun.

* I was not able to loot the caravan after killing them.

* I was also not able to get a sackful of water, how are you going to clean the wall later in cilant?

Isn't the character sick? Shouldn't you at least get a sackful of water after slaughtering everyone? Being cruel is tiresome work, gotta quench that thirst.

Edited by luzarius

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

* I was also not able to get a sackful of water, how are you going to clean the wall later in cilant?

Isn't the character sick? Shouldn't you at least get a sackful of water after slaughtering everyone? Being cruel is tiresome work, gotta quench that thirst.

So what's the asset of slaying the caravan if you get no loot, no experience and no disposition towards cruel and aggressive?

So what's the asset of slaying the caravan if you get no loot, no experience and no disposition towards cruel and aggressive?

I can confirm that you do get 1 point of cruelty after slaughtering the caravan. I spoke with Heodan and chose the cruel option, but that still didn't give me a point in cruelty. It was only when I attacked and slaughtered the caravan did I get 1 cruelty point.

I still don't understand why we can't get the waterskin despite attacking the caravan.

I think cruel people have an innate ability to absorb water vapor from the air, hence not needing the waterskin.  Can someone confirm?

WAITING IN LINE:

g31.jpg

For the record, I cannot kill the caravan on POTD using a fighter no matter what I try. If someone figures it out please let me know.

I could use the Increased Reach strategy, but I'd rather not do that, doesn't feel right.

* Odema always has at least 2-3 bubbles left before I run out of both health & endurance.

* I drank the beer that was provided before fighting the caravan.

* I used Brigandine armor.

* I tried dual wield daggers, didn't work.

* I tried single hand spear, didn't work.

* I tried great sword, didn't work.

A monk could definitely do it with Torment's reach. 

Edited by luzarius
  • Like 1

Update, I was also able to kill the caravan on POTD with a druid. Save two sunbeams for the caravan guards & odema, then transform into boar form, you'll need a minor bit of luck so you may have to restart if on TOI.

So Monk & Druid, can anyone else give update on how they killed caravan on POTD?

It's confirmed, CRUEL characters have no need for water.

cre.jpg

Shortly after my Druid was completely annihilated on POTD by a whelp of a skuld.

I went into boar form and *miss* *miss* *miss* *miss* *miss* *DEAD*.

shitty_druid.jpg

Edited by luzarius

Thing i dislike is this pathetic punishment by developers to people who want to slaughter their annoying caravan , i mean Odema & CO get slaughtered by few bandits that are piss easy , but when you decide to kill them Odema and his guard's are tougher than actual bandits who kill them , Lol SJW design