Trans Pacific Partnership

It's like some people haven't read any history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagon_Papers

History is ungood. Trust in the NSA, they're looking out for you.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

History is ungood. Trust in the NSA, they're looking out for you.

It's not all gravy, but if you don't want to end up like Ukraine, you have a strong security system. I don't do anything illegal so I don't fret if the Government watches what I do, I'm quite a selfless person though. Who cares if they know you go to a coffee shop? They rarely interfere on drug dealings if that's what you're annoyed about. It's better if you get over privacy ( where the Government is concerned), as long as it's not going to the press, it's not going to affect you. I'm not a passive slump of a human, I actively seek a revolution, nature-anarchic, and have the utmost hate for all Governments, but while I'm here where Governments exist, I'll play the game properly...

Edited by s13ep

King of Kings

Lord of Lords

And the extended military campaign 40 years ago during the Vietnam war is relevant to Assange how?

Sorry, i had the illusion that you were arguing out of principles instead of the whim of the moment. The fact that you're incapable to tell the parallels between the cases is quite telling. 

The only spurious parallel I can think of  is that the USA government lied about some of its military actions during Vietnam...and once  again I fail to see  how this relates to Assange posting confidential documents. Unless you feel Assange is the right person to bring the " truth " to the world ?

And yes my argument is absolutely based on the principle 

No, you deliberately derailing leaks about TPP to the guy presenting the leaked documents as someone that should tried to high treason. But when presented with evidence that Ellsberg just did everything that you accuse Assange of with the Pentagon Papers you revert back to playing dumb.

The circumstances were different, Ellsberg was charged with espionage and then the charges were dropped  due to Nixon engaging in unlawful efforts to discredit him

Assange is not a US citizen and right now doesn't face any charges in the USA. This may change and hopefully should 

So the two examples once again are not the same. And your Ellsberg example still doesn't vindicate a person posting confidential government  documents on the Internet, I don't why this is so hard for you to understand?

Hahahaha

Nice backpedaling, you weren't even aware of the existance of the Pentagon Paper before i posted them, did you? You're a good soldier.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

And the extended military campaign 40 years ago during the Vietnam war is relevant to Assange how?

Sorry, i had the illusion that you were arguing out of principles instead of the whim of the moment. The fact that you're incapable to tell the parallels between the cases is quite telling. 

The only spurious parallel I can think of  is that the USA government lied about some of its military actions during Vietnam...and once  again I fail to see  how this relates to Assange posting confidential documents. Unless you feel Assange is the right person to bring the " truth " to the world ?

And yes my argument is absolutely based on the principle 

No, you deliberately derailing leaks about TPP to the guy presenting the leaked documents as someone that should tried to high treason. But when presented with evidence that Ellsberg just did everything that you accuse Assange of with the Pentagon Papers you revert back to playing dumb.

The circumstances were different, Ellsberg was charged with espionage and then the charges were dropped  due to Nixon engaging in unlawful efforts to discredit him

Assange is not a US citizen and right now doesn't face any charges in the USA. This may change and hopefully should 

So the two examples once again are not the same. And your Ellsberg example still doesn't vindicate a person posting confidential government  documents on the Internet, I don't why this is so hard for you to understand?

Hahahaha

Nice backpedaling, you weren't even aware of the existance of the Pentagon Paper before i posted them, did you? You're a good soldier.

No I wasn't aware of them, but I did read the link. I don't know everything Meshugger  despite what you guys think   :grin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

No I wasn't aware of them, but I did read the link.

I can't say I'm surprised, you do seen to wallow in ignorancetrust in the glorious US government.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

So Western ideology is about Democratic governments, free speech, free press and functional and accountable government institutions. And its also about corporate culture where the growth of the economy is driven by the private sector but the government can intervene to prevent certain industrial sectors from collapsing, like we saw in 2008/2009 in the USA and UK  bailouts

This is so freaking hilarious, i´m laughing so hard it hurts....bringing the bank bailouts as an example totally kills it, oh god so funny. I´m not even going to start to point out how naive and blind this is. Thank you. You made my day and really proved that any sensible discussion is pointless with you. Oh well, no hard feelings, i will continue to laugh now, because that was really funny.

As for TPP, there are more leaks and they all show it´s a disaster and i hope it fails, but they are trying hard, very very hard to make it happen, no matter what the public thinks. Democracy......if that would be the case the TPP files would be open and we would have a public referendum about it.

• Like 1

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

• 3 months later...
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So Western ideology is about Democratic governments, free speech, free press and functional and accountable government institutions. And its also about corporate culture where the growth of the economy is driven by the private sector but the government can intervene to prevent certain industrial sectors from collapsing, like we saw in 2008/2009 in the USA and UK  bailouts

This is so freaking hilarious, i´m laughing so hard it hurts....bringing the bank bailouts as an example totally kills it, oh god so funny. I´m not even going to start to point out how naive and blind this is. Thank you. You made my day and really proved that any sensible discussion is pointless with you. Oh well, no hard feelings, i will continue to laugh now, because that was really funny.

As for TPP, there are more leaks and they all show it´s a disaster and i hope it fails, but they are trying hard, very very hard to make it happen, no matter what the public thinks. Democracy......if that would be the case the TPP files would be open and we would have a public referendum about it.

It's especially funny when one considers that a big player of them bailed-out industrialists is currently making headlines with their product manipulation regarding the emissions of certain diesel engines. But hey, that info was probably deemed confidential by VW's higher ups, those scientists that uncovered the manipulation should be sued for lost profits or maybe tried for something or other. :biggrin:

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

The preamble is rich in self-deprecating humor:

Having regard to the underlying public policy objectives of national systems, the Parties

recognize the need to:

• promote innovation and creativity
  • facilitate the diffusion of information, knowledge, technology, culture and the art
  • and foster competition and open and efficient markets

through their intellectual property systems

That is all bound to happen by catering to patent trolls and dinosaurs failing to adapt and rightfully dying in our new digital distribution environment.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

EFF's take on the leaked final version

I wonder if the rest of the treaty is as bad. Here's hoping the EU crashes and burns before they get to sign the Atlantic equivalent.

If you dig deeper, you'll notice that all of the provisions that recognize the rights of the public are non-binding, whereas almost everything that benefits rightsholders is binding.

All hail our new corporate masters!!1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Remember that secession thing? We took another step in that direction.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

FULL ACCELERATIONISM

I never thought I'd see it all come crashing down in my lifetime.

EFF's take on the leaked final version I wonder if the rest of the treaty is as bad. Here's hoping the EU crashes and burns before they get to sign the Atlantic equivalent.

If you dig deeper, you'll notice that all of the provisions that recognize the rights of the public are non-binding, whereas almost everything that benefits rightsholders is binding.

All hail our new corporate masters!!1

"New"? We've been in a cyperpunk dystopia for years.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

5f07276a30c597642813a87e81f1bcaa.jpg

http://www.mfat.govt.nz/Treaties-and-International-Law/01-Treaties-for-which-NZ-is-Depositary/0-Trans-Pacific-Partnership-Text.php

Official(?) text of the TPP officially released. Haven't had time to read it all.

It's definitely the official text, that website is the official NZ government ministry of foreign affairs and trade one. Might be a question as to whether it's the genuinely full text though or if there are secret clauses/ understandings still but it is meant to be the full text.

Good luck with reading the whole thing.