Witcher 3 - The women actually look like women.

I checked out Witcher 3, the women actually look like women. You don't know how pleased I am. Bioware needs to learn from CDProjectRED. 

Let's compare:

Triss looks like a woman, Cassandra Pentaghast looks like a man.
Ciri is simply gorgeous, Sera looks like gollum.
Yennefer's beauty captures the imagination, Josephine's face is terrifying.

• Like 1

Having trouble with the games combat on POTD, Trial of Iron?

- Hurtin bomb droppin MONK - [MONK BUILD] - [CLICK HERE]

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

- Fighter Heavy Tank - [FIGHTER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

Anita Sarkeesian keeps Bioware's balls in a jar on her shelf.

Yennefer & Cirilla beautiful, all the rest are potatoface.

EDIT: lol

Seriously? Which ones don't you like? I'm curious.

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

How is the gameplay though?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

"Ah the internet, where obsessing over the looks of digital women is perfectly acceptable. "

Ah the internet, where obsessing over the looks of digital men is perfectly acceptable but the obsessing over the looks of digital women usually ends up in judgement and shaming. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I could swear that in the first Witcher they used the same model for every woman. Suppose they must have been short on game assets, or something like that.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I sometimes wonder if luzarius is aware that a substantial proportion of the internet, broadcast and cable TV, the advertising industry, and the print publishing business is devoted to little other than allowing the public to look at women who meet a mainstream standard of beauty.  His (I'm playing the odds on gender here) single-minded devotion to finding the same a in very specific entertainment field is ... odd. 

I could swear that in the first Witcher they used the same model for every woman. Suppose they must have been short on game assets, or something like that.

Not true!  Some of them were hunchbacked old crones!

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 3

How is the gameplay though?

srsly though, Gwent is fun.

CDPR should've just made a card game with b00bies.

So the Witcher is still a roll playing game.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Off the top of my head I think they had 4, important NPCs had their own. Smaller studio at that time, no ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Google Witcher cards and you will see artistic drawings of women in Witcher one. As you can see there is a diverse variety of women displayed.  Yes, the 3D models could've been better, they could always be better, but if you supplement it with a beautiful 2D drawing, that's good too.  Pillars of Eternity took this approach, for example the 3D models don't need to be that great, but they still give us 2D portraits to look at.

Go look at images of beautiful women who wake up in the morning with no make up, then check them out with make up.  Without make up, they are the most common looking women. What separates hot women from plain women is an artistic ability to hide imperfections through make up.  These women know there is power in beauty and they take full advantage of it.

Humans have a natural yearning to achieve perfection. It should never be discouraged.  The ones who don't seek it, are simply lazy.

There is diversity in Witcher One.

Compare her:

the-witcher-enhanced-edition-14747.jpg

TO HER:

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by luzarius

Ah the internet, where obsessing over the looks of digital women is perfectly acceptable.   :thumbsup:

At least its obsessing over the looks of a digital women in a digital media.  Its not like anyone does it in real life. o:)

Ah the internet... where on can read the wisdom of Volourn.

"Forget it, Jake. It's the Internet."

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I've expected more screenshots in this thread.

Given that its a luzarius thread, I expected diagrams showing how Cassandra's face maps to a "mans" skull.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Devs can make ugly women (or whoever) if they want. What's the problem exactly?

That's fine, I got a refund for DAI. They lost $59.99.

Right now the people at Bioware are regretting every decision they made as they watch the success of Witcher 3 cast a vast shadow over little, itty, bitty DAI and all it's mannish, ugly women.  Skyrim completely destroyed DAI in sales, now Witcher 3 will completely destroy Inquisition in sales.

What does Skyrim & Witcher series have in common? Beautiful women and/or the ability to allow the creation of beautiful women.

It just goes to show, making women look like men and lecturing gamers on transgenderism hurts sales. 

HEY BIOWARE, don't give in to political correct LGBT and feminists. Go to Anita Sark and beg for your balls back, she keeps them in a jar on her shelf at her desk.

Edited by luzarius

Triss looks like a woman, Cassandra Pentaghast looks like a man.

Ciri is simply gorgeous, Sera looks like gollum.

Yennefer's beauty captures the imagination, Josephine's face is terrifying.

How old are you? Women in DAI look perfectly fine. 

• Like 1

So Luzarius is the second poster I've seen this week that seems to think DA:I was some sort of sales disaster.   :blink:

Who cares about actual numbers, I returned my copy so clearly the game was a complete failure!

• Like 1

Final objective for realism: women have to use 5 dimensional logic.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.