Potd lacks direct damage increase for foes.

At least they will fix some A.I. issues in 2.0.

If they additionally increased foe damage by 100-200% and maybe decreased the damage of your own characters PotD would deserve its name.

Right now they would have been better off, just to call it "hardest".

Potd lacks direct damage increase for foes.

At least they will fix some A.I. issues in 2.0.

If they additionally increased foe damage by 100-200% and maybe decreased the damage of your own characters PotD would deserve its name.

Right now they would have been better off, just to call it "hardest".

For increased difficulty I generally prefer better AI and increased foes to + foe damage and - ally damage adjustments.

Other things like the fact you can run away from most things makes it tempting just to do that all the time, whether to split or retreat.

I remember in modded Skyrim you could have crash-inducing amounts of enemies, and although you could run away it wasnt likely youd make it. My favourite was the random encounter patrolling death squad Falmers who to survive against I had to use Detect Life while hiding behind trees.

Sorry Im hijacking your thread!

Edited by chalsengi

Get inside! RUN!

Lol, no problem.

The best A.I. adjustments seem to be those made by mods, so I am kinda happy with "whatever" adjustments are made with 2.0. especially since some people already reported they are at least decent.

As to Skyrim, didn't play it modded yet, but I normally tend to play invisible backstabbers (I know, o.p.) and Falmers stand no chance against those.

In one sidequest for either thiefs guild or brotherhood, you end up in a camp full of falmers its really satisfying to hold your right mouse for invisibility, left click a falmer, insta glib him, release right mouse for instant invisibility and proceed to the next falmer. :)

As to Skyrim, didn't play it modded yet, but I normally tend to play invisible backstabbers (I know, o.p.) and Falmers stand no chance against those.

In one sidequest for either thiefs guild or brotherhood, you end up in a camp full of falmers its really satisfying to hold your right mouse for invisibility, left click a falmer, insta glib him, release right mouse for instant invisibility and proceed to the next falmer. :)

Yeah, see I enjoyed both Oblivion and Skyrim for some time, but stuff like this where, by a certain level if planned properly, you could effectively enter God mode, made me lose interest. In PoE, if planned properly, the difficulty curve does trend downward, but not quite as bad as in the Elder Scrolls games. There are still a small handful of endgame fights in PoE where you won't be practically invulnerable, and there will be some challenge involved, at least requiring you to employ good strategy and tactics.

Edited by Nobear

Yeah, see I enjoyed both Oblivion and Skyrim for some time, but stuff like this where, by a certain level if planned properly, you could effectively enter God mode, made me lose interest. In PoE, if planned properly, the difficulty curve does trend downward, but not quite as bad as in the Elder Scrolls games. There are still a small handful of endgame fights in PoE where you won't be practically invulnerable, and there will be some challenge involved, at least requiring you to employ good strategy and tactics.

Yeah, Skyrim is no tactical game, for sure. Max your alchemy, enchanting and smithing, and even on Legendary, foes won't be able touch you anymore. Throw invisibility in the mix and you won't even need maxed stats.

What's totally dumb compared to PoE:

In low levels, where you might not even be able to fight without a companion on legendary (companions do normal damage you only do 0,25), you can just entirely avoid fighting and level like crazy. Just do the alchemy quests and you soln will have endless money which you even can use to train skills.

On PoE before Caed Nua you are forced to fight.

• Like 1

I just wish we could mod the game easily. It would be nice to make some challenging encounters and share them with each other. Apparently Sword Coast Legends will have a DM mode, but I dont know to what extent you can add things. It will have online coop too. But it remains to be seen if its actually a good game. Loving PoE for the time being.

I subscribed to your channel by the way :)

Edited by chalsengi

Get inside! RUN!