Is Liberating Exhoration working properly now?

I understand that the ability was not working as intended or as described..one of the two when the game first came out.  I had it for a short period on my last game but decided to re roll my paladin but did not use it a lot.  I did see that on one pull it did not IMMEDIATELY suspend the stuck effect on my tank when I threw it on him..I had to click on the floor twice for him to move...but move he did.  So I got long winded there.  Is it working?

Have gun will travel.

On enemy paladins? meaning?  I know I see them casting it ALL the time lol  You can cast it on the enemy to suspend his buff??? I am confused!  I thought that was what Deprive the Unworthy was for lol

Have gun will travel.

Oh ok lol but not for us at the moment? I know it works for SOME stuff.  Almost level 5 I will save and try it out. 

Have gun will travel.

Thank you for your help Raven no worries I was just being dumb I see what you mean now!  I tested it last night a lot and it works for Paralyze and stuck now which it did not before.  A BIG thing people have to realize though is it that is suspends effects that were on the ally WHEN you cast it.  Afterwards other debuffs can be reapplied.  Its still good to get your tank/self or a squishy party member out of a really debilitating debuff.  You usually aren't getting spammed by Paralyze etc so getting out of that one big debuff can be huge. 

Edited by Torm51
  • Like 1

Have gun will travel.

Thank you for your help Raven no worries I was just being dumb I see what you mean now! I tested it last night a lot and it works for Paralyze and stuck now which it did not before. A BIG thing people have to realize though is it that is suspends effects that were on the ally WHEN you cast it. Afterwards other debuffs can be reapplied. Its still good to get your tank/self or a squishy party member out of a really debilitating debuff. You usually aren't getting spammed by Paralyze etc so getting out of that one big debuff can be huge.

Does it work on Charm/Confused/Dominated?

Yeah, can't be applied to hostiles. It would be a waste anyway, since charm doesn't last thath long and there are other better ways to deal with it, like potions or sending the paladin alone against charmers.

Im at the start of act 2 so no spoilers but! Why won't enemies try to charm the paladin? If they don't there'd probably no point in taking Righteous Soul.

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

I'd imagine enemies are not aiming Charm at your paladin because you have another party member with a weaker Will defense and the AI likes to aim where your defenses are the weakest. You should have no shortage of enemies trying to charm your Paladin once it becomes a more prominent effect or if you present your Paladin as the first target for enemies by sending them in ahead.

As for Liberating Exhortation, the effect works fine as far as I can see, but Charmed/Confused/Dominated allies are not counted as allied so they aren't a valid target.

• Like 2

Ya at level 5 as a Tank paladin I think it's the best bet. I could take sworn enemy but my damage is crap so it will just be a little less crap. Although he's got decent might cause he's moonlike for his racial. It could probably argued though. So far I have gotten Eder out of some Paralyzes...here's hoping it works on petrify as I hear it's a nasty debuff. It wasn't working on release but it wasn't working on stuck and paralyze either it is now..didn't see patch notes on these fixes though lol.

Have gun will travel.