Hey guys,

I'am a newbie in playing games like this and searching for a funny warrior build. I like to play with swords is the first point, while the other is that there is no melee class that needs really much attention i think.

Playing a fighter don't looks like fun because there is only one active ability. Why is it like this? Don't makes sense for me. xD

I'am searching for a viable build by playing on hard. A warrior that can wear heavy armor, use dual wielding, have some funny skills to use and in danger situations switch to sword and shield.

Its enought to find builds they are close to that expectations. I know that it should not be possible to agree all of this. :-)

In advance, thanks a lot for everyone that joins this conversation and maybe give me some hints. =)

Bye

Flo

Melee DW cipher if you're ok with being glasscannon(ish).

Melee wizard, but it's bit more complicated to play and you should know what you're doing. Also DW is not optimal for melee wizards (2H/weapon and shield are).

DW monk (fists > weapons for early levels, but you can go with swords from the start, it would just be a bit suboptimal).

Edited by MadDemiurg

Melee wizard, but it's bit more complicated to play and you should know what you're doing. Also DW is not optimal for melee wizards (2H/weapon and shield are).

DW monk (fists > weapons for early levels, but you can go with swords from the start, it would just be a bit suboptimal).

How is sword in offhand worse for monk than fists? Agree on the rest.

How is sword in offhand worse for monk than fists? Agree on the rest.

Offhand 1h weapon is cheesy/bugged (and also worse in instances where you autoattack instead of spamming Torment's Reach because you don't get damaged much), but you can go for it, yes. 

Edited by MadDemiurg

Well I never played a monk for the duration, so I say as long as its in the game, use it. It's not a fight winner like petrify, so it could be way worse. As to torment's reach, if you have decent dex the speed is not much different, since the mainhand will still have fistspeed.

I finished the game with Charname as a hybrid fighter, and Edér built the same way. Found it more fun than tank-and-spank.

Pumped DEX, high RES, PER, above average MIG, dumped CON and INT. Then picked offensive talents only. I went with the Adventurer weapon group for the estoc so no dual-wielding, but it would've been just as viable to go with Ruffian and DW stilettos, switching to stiletto+shield if necessary. That would've given great firearms as well, for a powerful opening volley.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com