[1.05 v565] Minor bug [quest] - Cinders of Faith

Insolentius

Question

After acquiring the quest, there is no dialogue option to discuss the cave entrance with Wenan. I returned the amor to Osric earlier, and I can only discuss the expedition with Wenan.

EDIT: the version is 1.05 v567; auto-complete messed up the thread title

Edited by Insolentius

5 answers to this question

Wenan is not the person to talk to about the cinders of faith quest.  After getting the quest you have to go to searing falls and then return to the temple in the ducal palace to complete it.  If you check your journal entries they usually will tell you who or where to go next.

I know that you can stumble upon the Searing Falls location and continue the quest regardless of whether you discussed it with Wenan or not, but the journal instructs you that "someone at the expedition hall might know." The thing is, there's no option to discuss the location with Wenan (and pay him 50c for the map) if you' helped Osric but haven't done the expedition yet.

I know how to complete the quest, but this bug might lead to confusion for new players. That's why I reported it.

Have you looked at the map on the table behind Wenan?  Also, did you get the geological map from the chest in the room behind the merchant?  I usually do both and have no problems with the quest.  But then, I also don't run into many of the bugs others have reported either out of sheer luck or the blessing of the gods and the few I have encountered have been minor and easily resolved.  (I am running my fifth party.)

Like I mentioned earlier, there are multiple ways to figure out where the location is (including stumbling upon it without getting the information), and I had no problems completing the quest. One of the options (i.e. paying 50c for the map to Wenan) is blocked under certain circumstances. That's the bug.

HMMMM, maybe it's related to perception, resolve or some other attribute level?  I have never talked to Wenan after getting the Searing Falls quest until much later when I've joined another faction.  So, by then he won't have anything to do with me.  I know that some of the dialogue choices require a very high attribute level to show up such as the Simoc dialogue (perception 20 or resolve 20).  Or, maybe, it's just a bug as you say.