Envenomed Strike & Deep Wounds figured (tested) out

- Envenomed strike & Deep wounds do RAW damage (bypass DR).. ES has base damage per tick 12 , DW has 3 .. (every 3 seconds) 

- Might bonus applies normally to both ticks

- INT affects duration for both abilities 

- DW is autohit provided weapon hits - so hit quality does not affect its damage. 

- ES duration is affected by its separate hitquality check vs fortitude (can miss vs fortitude even if weapon landed the hit).. 

- both overwrite themselves at reapplication from same character - did not test with multiple chars .. 

- DW is superior in hard fights vs hard to hit bosses - since even a graze eaten by DR will guarantee 25+ RAW damage on a high might, high int rogue ..

- ES can hit very hard on high INT&Might char but only after you've debuffed deflection & fortitude (at which point it isn't a hard fight anymore) 

test data

Edited by peddroelm
  • Like 5

WPNTVf7.jpg

Nice tests. What about wounding shot? What does that do?

Some other time... The testing session is done for the day ..  Maybe tomorrow .

It is a more complicated test - target DR matters and also the weapon used .. But I think I'm close to figuring it out ..

WPNTVf7.jpg

That was the figure I saw mentioned, I guess that would require 21 might. I was more interested in if reapplying Deep Wounds will cause the next damage tick to be applied directly after or if the tick rate is unaffected and it's just duration that's extended?

Deep Wound's 3-4 damage per tick is so sad. Would it be good if they removed the reapplication thing?

It looks sad - but like I said if if you only manage a scratch (graze doing minimum damage to DR) against a 150 all resists and 50 DR enemy with high Might/Int Rogue you are GUARANTEED to score ~28 damage from the fallowing DOT ticks even if you keep missing or even get CC after ... Could put rogue to single blesca's labor for such a fight and will probably jump 120 accuracy .. Very hard not to graze even the hardest targets .. 

Or you could debuff first ..

Enemies that are easy to hit don't last long to a rogue anyway. It is vs the hard targets deep wounds comes handy.

Edited by peddroelm

WPNTVf7.jpg

Messed around a bit more with envenomed strike .. 

Surprisingly the +12 accuracy from 1 handed weapon does apply to its fortitude check .. Tried with paladin with sworn enemy and zealous focus .. They all stack .. 

So, best way to apply it (vs high DR high deflection high fort save boss) keep a superb , accurate weapon (dagger, , rapier ,club, spear) on weapon switch and scratch the target after debuffs .. Target must have high DR to make best use of the RAW damage type.

Best classes for this sort of thing humans (fighting spirit + 7 accuracy)  Paladin ( +15 accuracy sworn enemy)  and melee rogue (+8 accuracy reckless assault)  ..  Blesca's Labor (purchase at start of act 3) works great on rogue (ruffian) .. For Paladins I usually go soldier weapon focus that lacks accurate weapons ..

Edited by peddroelm
  • Like 1

WPNTVf7.jpg

For ES I find very strange that Int increases also the time between tics.

it doesn't .. 3 seconds between tics  (normal speed 3 seconds dot ticks) .  You might've seen a test result where I forgot to up to normal speed (I have auto slow speed on combat set)  (4.5 seconds between dot ticks on slow speed)

Edited by peddroelm

WPNTVf7.jpg