So I have kind of fallen in love with the Labourer background of Cook for some bizarre reason.  Probably something to do with the option of spitting in people's food to be honest.  Thinking of classes that would fit this class RP-wise, Rogue fits the most but I was wondering if people saw a Ranger working as well.  I mean, survival influences the effects of food after all... maybe it wasn't just his spit but also his companion's spit in there as well?

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

You can headcanon that he found his animal companion and became a ranger after he left his kitchen.

maybe it wasn't just his spit but also his companion's spit in there as well?

Or the lord he was serving wanted to cook his companion, and that was the reason of the spit...
  • Like 2

You can headcanon that he found his animal companion and became a ranger after he left his kitchen.

maybe it wasn't just his spit but also his companion's spit in there as well?

Or the lord he was serving wanted to cook his companion, and that was the reason of the spit...

He wanted to eat Bob the Thundercat?!  There'd be more than spit in his lunch!  Hmm, maybe spit is a euphemism....

• Like 2

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

So I have kind of fallen in love with the Labourer background of Cook for some bizarre reason. Probably something to do with the option of spitting in people's food to be honest. Thinking of classes that would fit this class RP-wise, Rogue fits the most but I was wondering if people saw a Ranger working as well. I mean, survival influences the effects of food after all... maybe it wasn't just his spit but also his companion's spit in there as well?

Remind me NOT to have you make me any food.... And as far as finding and making food I would this that wizard or cipher would work best. The wizard could kill and cook the food all in one shot with fireball and the cipher could control the mind of the animal making the animal season itself and cook itself!

• Like 1

Rogue - excellent choice

Ranger - possible as he fled into the wilds to escape a vengeful diner.

Monk    - regrets what he has done so is redeeming himself.

Cipher  - Probably not.

Barbarian - definitely

Chanter - Maybe as he could take up chanting to protect himself from angry diners.

Fighter - naturally anyone spitting in the soup better learn to fight

Paladin - maybe this is PoE and they are (in my opinion) more bearable than previously.

• Like 1

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

So I have kind of fallen in love with the Labourer background of Cook for some bizarre reason. Probably something to do with the option of spitting in people's food to be honest. Thinking of classes that would fit this class RP-wise, Rogue fits the most but I was wondering if people saw a Ranger working as well. I mean, survival influences the effects of food after all... maybe it wasn't just his spit but also his companion's spit in there as well?

Remind me NOT to have you make me any food.... And as far as finding and making food I would this that wizard or cipher would work best. The wizard could kill and cook the food all in one shot with fireball and the cipher could control the mind of the animal making the animal season itself and cook itself!

I have no idea what you could be implying...  o:)  Mind controlling an animal has a very... dark and twisted tone to it.  Kinda reminds me of the pig that can talk and wants to be eatne at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe (Douglas Adams).

Rogue - excellent choice

Ranger - possible as he fled into the wilds to escape a vengeful diner.

Monk    - regrets what he has done so is redeeming himself.

Cipher  - Probably not.

Barbarian - definitely

Chanter - Maybe as he could take up chanting to protect himself from angry diners.

Fighter - naturally anyone spitting in the soup better learn to fight

Paladin - maybe this is PoE and they are (in my opinion) more bearable than previously.

Yeah that kinda fits with what I was thinking too, a lot of the backgrounds only really makes sense with certain classes and some classes seem almost synonymous with certain backgrounds (Ranger and Hunter for instance).

yes my crrent character is a ranger with hunter background but he is also from the white that wends and the son of human explorers and a moon godlike so I just felt there wasn't much choice for his background.  

I left out druid probably because I didn't like the druid class in the IE games but that one might be a possibility.  He suddenly shape shifts when attacked by an angry diner.

Wizard and priet I just don't see.  I think those would be a bit of a stretch.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

Belkar of course!  Hmm, so I need to create an Orlan Ranger Cook who favours the Cruel and (special for just him) Sadistic dispositions?  I feel this must be done...