Deprive the unworthy - autohit ?

peddroelm

Question

16 answers to this question

It's literally been 2 hours between your initial post and your bump; that's not much of a timeframe for anyone to come up with a coherent response for you so um...patience please?

Anyway, there is no roll for Deprive the Unworthy in your combat log and the ability does not list a defense type for the enemy, so that seems like a pretty clear indication that this is working as intended and you don't need to roll to hit, which makes sense since it's already limited to a per rest power with a relatively small amount of worthwhile targets. Thaos's first form can already be rushed down with Knockdown or any disabling power targeting Reflex as is (Knockdown + Calling the World's Maw kills him so fast it's not even funny), so it's not like Deprive the Unworthy is some great new exploit against him.

Play it, enjoy it, the power is limited enough to have earned the few things it does very well.

It's literally been 2 hours between your initial post and your bump; that's not much of a timeframe for anyone to come up with a coherent response for you so um...patience please?

Anyway, there is no roll for Deprive the Unworthy in your combat log and the ability does not list a defense type for the enemy, so that seems like a pretty clear indication that this is working as intended and you don't need to roll to hit, which makes sense since it's already limited to a per rest power with a relatively small amount of worthwhile targets. Thaos's first form can already be rushed down with Knockdown or any disabling power targeting Reflex as is (Knockdown + Calling the World's Maw kills him so fast it's not even funny), so it's not like Deprive the Unworthy is some great new exploit against him.

Play it, enjoy it, the power is limited enough to have earned the few things it does very well.

Tooltip on left says "Attacks Will" so I think that is where the confusion comes in 

• Like 1

6ej155.jpg

Hi there,

It seems there are some inconsistencies with the new tooltips that were added in 1.05. We are aware of these issues and working on a fix. As for Deprive the Unworthy specifically, no it is not supposed to Auto-hit. It should attack Will with an accuracy of 64 as stated in the tooltip. 

Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Hi there,

It seems there are some inconsistencies with the new tooltips that were added in 1.05. We are aware of these issues and working on a fix. As for Deprive the Unworthy specifically, no it is not supposed to Auto-hit. It should attack Will with an accuracy of 64 as stated in the tooltip. 

Thanks for the feedback.

Deep wounds is also autohit provided the weapon doesn't miss ..  All the other abilities I'm aware of do separate tohit check to calculate duration   (most relevant envenomed strike) 

Are retaliation attacks supposed to be autohit ? Should they check for deflection ?

WPNTVf7.jpg

Ever since the enemy AI updates, this issue with Deprive the Unworthy has become a real hassle. I've seen it mentioned on the forums before in the context of Noonfrost, but whenever this Paladin ability is used by an enemy it autohits.

Enemy Paladins consistently debuff with it, and the combat log shows no saving throw (and, indeed, I have never been anything other than hit by it). Felisa, the Fampyr Paladin in Russetwood hits for 27 seconds with it. I can provide a save if necessary, but I've run into this on a number of playthroughs and this should be easily reproducible. It wouldn't be such a big deal if it weren't an incredible debuff or if there were any means of countering it. As it stands, once it's on, it's on. Even applying Suppress Afflictions doesn't do anything.

Also of note in this battle are the Fampyr Beguilers - their Combusting Wounds spells also autohit and do not register as spells for the purposes of Arcane Reflection. I think I ran into a similar issue in the opening of the Siege of Cragholdt. I'll see if I can another save and reproduce that one as well.

In all seriousness, though, thank you all for your hard work. These last few patches have been great.

1HTTDGU.jpg

I would appreciate hearing whether this bug is known to be an active problem. The impression that I got scouring the forums for information is that this was last reported in May. I resurrected this thread so as to indicate that it is a bug with history. Should I start a new thread?

I would appreciate hearing whether this bug is known to be an active problem. The impression that I got scouring the forums for information is that this was last reported in May. I resurrected this thread so as to indicate that it is a bug with history. Should I start a new thread?

Thank you for searching the forums. We are more than happy when users resurrect old threads. Yes, could you please upload a save file with an output log via dropbox? It would be much appreciated. 

Thank you for the support and welcome to the forums! 

Sorry this took me so long - I've been overwhelmed with thesis work these last weeks. Anyway, here's a pertinent save. You should be able to download it from that public link. Let me know if you have any problems.

The group of vampires in question is directly to the southwest. Be warned, I basically decided to avoid them because of the deprive the unworthy bug - it's already an almost impossible fight made more difficult when all of your buffs are removed.

As an aside, the the accuracy on the Wall-type spells is INSANE. It's the only way I was able to kill the alpine dragon, abusing what I assume is a bug in the accuracy with those spells. Even debuffed with Terrified, etc I regularly get accuracy of 160+ with Wall of Flame/Force. I looked on the forums and I don't see anything about it. It would be nice if the tooltips for those spells indicated their accuracy bonus (roughly 2x normal casting accuracy). Or, if it is a bug, I suppose it would be nice if it were fixed. Even though that would make Wizard solo even more hellish.

Thanks!