Hello everyone, first post;).

I've been following the Eternity blog and this forum for quite a while now, as I'm deeply in love with IE games. I have managed to play through POE 1,5 times now, once on hard and half on POTD(got bored somewhere around beggining of Act III), without any problems, and I actually like the combat system. However, I remember one of the goals when creating the mechanics: making viable as many builds as possible, and reducing number of trap-builds to possible minimum. It seems that that OE have managed to achieve it, but I'd still like to check out how difficult is the game with something really screwed up. Therefore, I'd like to ask all optimization-specs and theorycrafters to create THE worst possible party for me. 

Rules:

-POTD(maim before death)
-six person party

-all attribute points spent

-I'd say that no-mechanics is cheesy.

After few days I'll chose the party I dislike the most, then begin a playthrough with a relation here on the forum.

• Like 1

Ok 6 times the same class would be unfair so each class 1 time, you can always take talents that make no sense or you cant use... so I leave talents out...

Ranger 3/18/18/15/18/3 with Wolf

He has no Concentration, very low Deflection and deals no Damage. Wolf dies quickly. 

Paladin 3/18/18/15/18/3 Goldpact Knights

No Damage, low Deflection/Concentration, and Goldpackt Knight is useless with 3 Might.

Barbarian 3/18/3/15/18/18

Slow, no Damage gets lots of Deflection but Barbarians die easy, so the bonus Deflection wont help...

Monk 18/3/18/15/18/3

Deals Damage, but is already Dead :-

Rogue 3/18/18/15/18/3

No Damage, low Deflection/Concentration

Chanter 3/18/18/15/18/3

No Damage, low /Deflection/Concentration

Cipher/Priest/Wizard/Druid have spells and are therefore always superior, later in the game.

Taking only Rogues and/or Barbarians would be the worst party ever I think.

The Chanter will probably be the best of them, since he has unlimited invocations, if he survives.

Edited by Prokktor

Even though I don't really understand the intentions behind the thread: Low CON high might monk is not as bad as you think it is, especially in a party.

But here's the prolem with this thread, if you play characters correctly any party will be able to go through PotD, if you don't, what's the sense in playing?

I think the most important thing about a "bad" party would be to use somebody as tank who is not tanky and build everyone else as a ranger. If you use a low con wizard who gets the best tank items, but doesn't use spells, the rest of your party will die quickly afterwards, same goes for all spellcasters.

You are right, if one good Character can do PotD solo, then 6 bad ones should also prevail...

5 of 6 Chars in my (real) PotD group have Con 3, Deflection is much more important for a Tank.

That is basically the idea behind my "bad group". No Might no Deflection and no Buffs to solve that problem. The fight takes long, and you get hit a lot, if those Monsters hit all the time it does not matter how much endurance you have.

But you are right the Monk should probably be 3/18/18/15/18/3.

I think the most important stats are Resolve and Might, a Char without both is bad in terms of effectiveness.

Let's see

13/13/13/13/13/13 PC paladin. A bleak walker who has sworn off their dark ways, you must roleplay like a shieldbearer of st elcga. Your faith is most definitely troubled though, so this can't be alleviated by spending a talent point.

3/18/3/18/18/18 ranger. With your pet, this guy controls the front line as both the tank and the off-tank, freeing up the rest of the party to act as pure DPS.

18/3/18/18/18/3 skaen priest. In case it's not obvious, you use sneak attack for melee dps and spells to self buff damage output. No party buffs, as that goes against Skaen's domain.

18/3/18/18/18/3 warrior. With abilities & talents like weapon spec/mastery, armoured grace and confident aim fighters are clearly DPS classes.

18/18/18/3/3/18 barbarian. Rage gives nice bonuses to damage and attack speed, but given the deflection penalty it's best to stay at the back with a ranged weapon.

18/3/18/18/18/3 monk. Unfortunately you can't dump con, res and per. You need wounds, but how can you use them if you're already dead?

• Like 1

How about this, and this is the same challenge I'm currently doing:

Do a Triple Crown run and go for the No Rest For The Pro achievement.

Also if that's too easy (and it kinda is because I'm about to finish it) do it with an all melee party: No ranged weapons allowed. No single-target ranged spells allowed.

• Like 1

Whatever it is, try it without using scrolls, summoning tokens or consumables. Every TCS run that succeeds does so because whatever class you use can just use summons and rest after every fight.

Even though I don't really understand the intentions behind the thread

I think the intention here is "I'm so good, I can beat anything you throw at me" :p

Edited by the streaker
  • Like 1

Whatever it is, try it without using scrolls, summoning tokens or consumables. Every TCS run succeeds because whatever class you use can just use summons and rest after every fight.

Even though I don't really understand the intentions behind the thread

I think the intention here is "I'm so good, I can beat anything you throw at me" :p

Thats what I thought too, but it's not a matter how good somebody is, the game is just too easy.