Help! Think I've saved myself into a corner.

jayteecork

Question

Ok so I'm playing on hard mode and never quicksave as i feel it's "cheating"

So I'm exploring Raedric's keep and opened a door from behind which turned out to be the front door!

I was ambushed by a load of goons. I've tried running but there's tons more down teh steps!

I've only that autosave so it looks like I'm goosed.

Any way I can get out of this? 

screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/3HMSC56.jpg

3 answers to this question

well if you can run and position yourself really strategically in the comer you might stand a chance. Kill all the guards in sight and try not to pull more. Otherwise ya, restart. Not to worry, it is still early in the game :)

6ej155.jpg

Ok so I'm playing on hard mode and never quicksave as i feel it's "cheating"

Heh, heh - and liberal use of "Power Word: Reload" isn't? ;)

Omnicron's suggestion of getting into the corner is valid - you might also be able to use area-effect spells like Flaming Sphere (which Aloth at least should have access to) to score multiple hits by bouncing it off the wall (don't send it down the stairs though, it'll just bring the other guards into the fray), though you'll almost certainly do "friendly-fire" on your other party members in the process.

Aside from that, it looks like "death by a thousand reloads" if you don't want to restart the game - but you could just treat this as a (major) tactical challenge to overcome.

You will need to review your save procedure though, as there will be other "instant combat" moments. Saving when you first enter each area should be enough for most purposes.

• Like 1