Will the expansion be playable after beating the game?

Do we know if the expansion will be playable after beating the game, or will you have to load a final pre-ending save?

Obsidian have talked about is being an 'add-in' like TotSC for BG, I'm just wondering if there has been any further details regarding how it will be implemented, narrative-wise.

The Dude abides.

Maybe they will add new areas and quests. It's something you have to do before jumping to the final area.

They never really said it will be like TotSC, but an expansion with the same size (area wise) as TotSC.

Edited by Veynn

Moving your playthrough backwards in time in order to play the new content would feel a bit weird.
The way the game ends is very open for any further adventures so continuing onwards wouldn't brake anything. They can put your team in some inn and give some purpose to explore new areas. This would be more natural, I think.

Problem is afaic the game doesn't make save after the boss is defeated. So this technical reason may be enough for them to choose the "back in time" option.

Problem is afaic the game doesn't make save after the boss is defeated. So this technical reason may be enough for them to choose the "back in time" option.

It does, actually.

I've read somewhere on these forums it doesn't. If that is so my mistake then.

^You can check your saved games folder and see the 'game complete' save if you've finished the game (I'm guessing its purpose is to be imported into a sequel (or TOB-style  expansion if they go that route).

Personally, I'd prefer a TOTSC-style expansion to make the main game-world bigger.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

All I want to know is who I leave all of Fulvano's stuff with once I get to Geiran's Grasp.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Do we know if the expansion will be playable after beating the game, or will you have to load a final pre-ending save?

Obsidian have talked about is being an 'add-in' like TotSC for BG, I'm just wondering if there has been any further details regarding how it will be implemented, narrative-wise.

They said it would be like TotSC in a cryptic twitter post

I read something about this in an interview with Josh Sawyer. He said they'd be implementing "point of no return saves" so you'd be able to go back and play the expansion content starting somewhere in the middle of a completed game. The expansion content won't just be tacked on to the end of the game but actually integrated into it, much like HOW and TOTLM were in IWD, and TOTSC was in BG, not like TOB in BGII