Cypher main is really boring now

I played with my cypher main group this week and ummm it's kinda boring now. Soulsplosion nerfed and Paralyzeforever not changed is really mindboggling. I sorta hope they will go back to cyphers having way more focus but outright delete from the game the few super ultra OP skills cypher has so it's an exciting character to play rather then cast 1-3 OP spells per fight and auto attack the rest of the time.

The problem with cipher is that the high level powers generally cost too much for little extra benefit. Charm for 10 focus or dominate for 20 for the exact same duration? Well obviously it's much more effective to use charm in almost every scenario. I think 5 focus jump per spell level was a bit too much. Also some low level spells (mental binding in particular) just need a big ol' nerf in their duration.

Yeah, right now playing with the OP spells it's kinda dull because those spells really make the battles massively easier, and playing without them there's not enough focus to have a meaningful impact on the fight. Which brings to attention that without all 3 class specific talents cypher focus is.... blaaarrggggg...

So... cypher pretty boring to play as main character from the start, hence thread.

I honestly don't know what this Cypher are kind of useless/boring thing is after 1.05. Cypher's still my favorite class. It was before the patch and it's now. I did a direct comparison running a rogue and a Cypher and the Cypher is still by far the more dangerous character. Most kills, most overall damage and, at least for a time, most crits. That only changed when I took a custom made monk into the party.

And I don't even use the high level spells that often. Mostly I get away with first and second level spells and one of the unique pistoly you get.

Just don't use the spells? Nobody is forcing you to select or use them.

The problem is that other spells should be as useful as Mental Binding. Right now nearly none of them feel powerful to use.

If every spell is as good as Mental Binding, then the Cipher on a whole would need a major beating with the nerf bat. Mental Binding should be brought in line with the others or moved to a higher spell tier.

Edited by View619

Just don't use the spells? Nobody is forcing you to select or use them.

The problem is that other spells should be as useful as Mental Binding. Right now nearly none of them feel powerful to use.

If every spell is as good as Mental Binding, then the Cipher on a whole would need a major beating with the nerf bat. Mental Binding should be brought in line with the others or moved to a higher spell tier.

Not necessarily. You have to choose which spells to cast, so if there's one strong spell you simply keep using that one spell. If there are several options, you're still limited by time and focus to the same number of spells per round, but can at least cast several different spells.