My ending sucked a bit because I swore to 2 Gods, but ended up doing what Wael suggested - letting souls spread wherever, not listening to any Gods. So, what happens if you do not ask for any assistance from any gods and swear to none and THEN follow Wael? Are things better that way? No angry Gods to burn down villages?

If you don't get any assistance from any of the gods before you go to the Burial Isle and go down that hole ...

you'll die from the fall and the game ends.

If you do quests that gods asks you to do, but don't promise to do as any of them ask, you can jump in that pit and survive

If you don't get any assistance from any of the gods before you go to the Burial Isle and go down that hole ...

If you do quests that gods asks you to do, but don't promise to do as any of them ask, you can jump in that pit and survive

Interesting.  I didn't know that.  But if you don't make any promises to any of the gods, how does that affect the endings? 

Interesting.  I didn't know that.  But if you don't make any promises to any of the gods, how does that affect the endings? 

Blessing from god part is missing, if you choose option that they support I think.

Edited by Elerond

Blessing from god part is missing, if you choose option that they support I think.

Waaaaait a second...

I did all the gods quests and basically said "I'll think about it" to every one of them, not committing to anyone. Did I miss out on actual help endgame? Cause here I was going through the last fight thinking "Man, these gods are USELESS" :p

Waaaaait a second...

I did all the gods quests and basically said "I'll think about it" to every one of them, not committing to anyone. Did I miss out on actual help endgame? Cause here I was going through the last fight thinking "Man, these gods are USELESS" :p

It is just a small star increase. Like doing Galawain gives you +1 Might and something, another God gives you +1 Lore, not game changing  

6ej155.jpg

It is just a small star increase. Like doing Galawain gives you +1 Might and something, another God gives you +1 Lore, not game changing  

Cool I was wondering about this, does it get mentioned in the slides too?  Like do you become god of the universe or Soul Eater or something?

Edited by FlintlockJazz

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Cool I was wondering about this, does it get mentioned in the slides too?  Like do you become god of the universe or Soul Eater or something?

I was quite disappointed really, I mean if anything I thought choosing to feed the souls to Woedica would give you a different ending in so for as your character is concerned, but it seems to always be the same final slide. It seems it really does not matter, except maybe if your choice does something in the expansion

6ej155.jpg

I was quite disappointed really, I mean if anything I thought choosing to feed the souls to Woedica would give you a different ending in so for as your character is concerned, but it seems to always be the same final slide. It seems it really does not matter, except maybe if your choice does something in the expansion

Yeah, it does seem like you'll get the consequences of the choice in the sequel or expansion, then again games that have promised "You Choices Matter Will Have Consequences In the Next Game!" have usually failed to live up to expectations though... *cough* Mass Effect *cough*

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Considering the amount of alternate paths creating a tailored follow-up to everything would entail, I'd imagine the consequences for your ending basically boil down to:

*Defiance bay and by extension Dyrwood is or is not screwed over. Possibly with a token nod towards which faction you got in charge and mention of which divine retribution, if any, you brought on the place. Ditto for blessings if you made a deal and stuck by it.

*Animancy set back or Animancy saved, probably another token mention with minimal bearing on the main plot.

*You either thwarted Woedica's plot or completed it for her, with about a 50/50 chance that some outside power will enforce canon status quo for you if you picked the route the writers didn't intend as primary. Optionally, Woedica is made tangential to the central plot and as a result her rise to power or lack thereof is inconsequential.

Cynicism aside, Mass Effect has been a series with a desperate need to reinvent itself with each title, not helped by the turnover in writing staff, which would definitely go a ways towards explaining its tendency to retcon and trivialize your past choices. Since PoE is a lot more focused on the narrative and seems to take giving you alternatives quite seriously, I'd like to think that the effects of this game on future installments will be a bit more significant than ME's pick your color approach.

The track record for promises like that is definitely nothing to write home about though, so I'm not getting my hopes too high up, especially with how little even the epilogue cares about your judgment call on the single central driving plot of the game.

Edited by Aea

Yeah It was presented a bit poorly, like I'm pretty sure they straight up say that you HAVE to get assistance from a god to survive so it didn't really seem like you could progress without pledging to a god. I was kind of hoping that Wael and Skaen would be "safe" betrayls since you had no choice but to betray other gods in order to do theirs. Worst of all is if you betray Ondra, Rymgard, and Skaen by siding with Skaen... He's part of your guys' group! Take it out on him, not Dyrwood! lol

In general I wish there was more slides for stuff like: what boon you get for your choice, the Fangs, the pregnant woman in Gilded Vale, what happens to the noble's daughter/niece, etc.

• Like 1