Hey guys, i was thinking in one party like this:

2 fighter tankters, 1 Paladin 2H DPS, 1 ranged Cipher and 1 Druid...

You guys think that's a good party ?

Ps: Sorry for my poor english.
Ps2: I'm accepting sugestions.

Thank you all !

That's actually not far off from my first PotD party. You can certainly make it work, though I'd recommend keeping a few Paralysis scrolls on hand once you have someone who can use them, as there are a few fights where you'll want more CC than what the Cipher and Druid can give you.

• Like 1

Sorry.. i forgot.. it's a 6 members party... so.. i can have 1 more... maybe one Priest?

I was thinking on a Pally 2H dps becouse i saw so many videos of pally soloing dragons, etc... Someone have a build for 2H dps fighter ? (video or just a build)

Thanks for all replyes... i'm new on this game.

• Like 1

Priest is a good choice, as they have buffs that you just can't get anywhere else. I agree with the others that a 2H Fighter will perform better than a 2H Paladin. A simple build would be to take Weapon Focus Soldier or Adventurer, depending on what kind of weapon you want to use, and then grab Weapon Specialization (Fighter ability) and Weapon Mastery (Talent) with the same category. Also pick up the Fighter abilities Confident Aim and Armored Grace, and the talents Two-Handed Style and Savage Attack. That's the core of the 2H Fighter build.

• Like 1

Sorry.. i forgot.. it's a 6 members party... so.. i can have 1 more... maybe one Priest?

I was thinking on a Pally 2H dps becouse i saw so many videos of pally soloing dragons, etc... Someone have a build for 2H dps fighter ? (video or just a build)

Thanks for all replyes... i'm new on this game.

That's because pallys defense is supreme. :) Also against 3 single foes per rest you get increased accuracy and damage, generally not THAT useful but perfect for single strong foes like dragons.

• Like 1

Priest / wizard / Cipher are pretty good in any party. But its how you build those characters, for instance you can build a melee wizard with so much deflection that he will never get hit. (150 deflection) Druid spells are good but they have been nerfed slightly while the wizard was buffed slightly. ( what ? ) 

I would go for 1 wizard (tank) 1 fighter (tank) priest (melee / range / maybe pike so he can stay in the middle) cipher (range)  chanter (range). Last choice would be between ranger or rogue or another wizard but they should be range. This is a endgame party, it will struggle in the beginning but become godlike during the end if you build it right. 

All range characters should be wood elf and all melee should be Fire / moon godlike or heart orlan. Focus heavily on accuracy in the beginning as hitting anything will be tough. Debuff / buff spells help alot. Paladins are good at the start to mid game but become almost worthless near the end. Fighters are tough but they have zero utility therefore I recommend only 1 per party. 

I recommend lore for your main characters (dialogue son) and any fighter/rogue/ranger/monk/ because they have very few abilities so they have the time to fire some scrolls off if you want. While wizard / druid / priest / ciphers should stick with mechanics so they can detect traps because they have alot of things they can do. 

main character should have max resolve/perception/intelligence because of dialogue and also lore as mentioned earlier. 

Edit : sorry you didnt mention what difficulty you wanted to play on.

Edited by doctoruniverse
  • Like 1

How much good one 2H dps Fighter cand hit and be really usefull at mid - late game ?

2H Fighter with for example Estoc is good throughout the whole game.  I had one with Wary Defender and he could facetank decently while dishing out lots of damage.  

• Like 1

Priest / wizard / Cipher are pretty good in any party. But its how you build those characters, for instance you can build a melee wizard with so much deflection that he will never get hit. (150 deflection) Druid spells are good but they have been nerfed slightly while the wizard was buffed slightly. ( what ? ) 

I would go for 1 wizard (tank) 1 fighter (tank) priest (melee / range / maybe pike so he can stay in the middle) cipher (range)  chanter (range). Last choice would be between ranger or rogue or another wizard but they should be range. This is a endgame party, it will struggle in the beginning but become godlike during the end if you build it right. 

All range characters should be wood elf and all melee should be Fire / moon godlike or heart orlan. Focus heavily on accuracy in the beginning as hitting anything will be tough. Debuff / buff spells help alot. Paladins are good at the start to mid game but become almost worthless near the end. Fighters are tough but they have zero utility therefore I recommend only 1 per party. 

I recommend lore for your main characters (dialogue son) and any fighter/rogue/ranger/monk/ because they have very few abilities so they have the time to fire some scrolls off if you want. While wizard / druid / priest / ciphers should stick with mechanics so they can detect traps because they have alot of things they can do. 

main character should have max resolve/perception/intelligence because of dialogue and also lore as mentioned earlier. 

Edit : sorry you didnt mention what difficulty you wanted to play on.

I'll play at normal dificulty first...  And thank for your help :D (How can be the wizard tank ? O.o That's scary hahahaha)

I was think to make my main character as a fight tanker or some really badass dps. any idea ?

How much good one 2H dps Fighter cand hit and be really usefull at mid - late game ?

2H Fighter with for example Estoc is good throughout the whole game.  I had one with Wary Defender and he could facetank decently while dishing out lots of damage.  

Thanks for your help Razor, :D I'm thinking about a 2H fighter to my main. (Heavy armor + Greater weaopons looks really badass)

Learning the "stats" of this game will help you figure out what you want to build and how to handle certain situations. 

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Class

Whats important to understand is that you get no accuracy from any of your stats only your class.

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Accuracy

Edited by doctoruniverse
  • Like 1

Learning the "stats" of this game will help you figure out what you want to build and how to handle certain situations. 

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Class

Whats important to understand is that you get no accuracy from any of your stats only your class.

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Accuracy

I saw that.   I think my question it's... what build / character (excluding rogue) i use to do high dps melee damage.... and the best caster damage (wizard vs druid) ? I've seen a lot of topics and can't decide that. Some people say that rangers are good (hiting 81 on crits at lvl 4...) some people finished the game solo at highest dificulty with a 2h pally build , some people say that pallys are poor class... i'm very confused :(

Any class can finish the game if played correctly. In any case you should play with the story characters on normal if this is your first time. Classes you dont get unless you make them in the inn. (" Barbarian / Monk / Rogue )

Barbarian gets carnage which deals damage to secondary targets when you hit your primary target - AOE melee dps

Monk can get insane attack speeds - mobile melee dps

Rogue gets sneak attack and later backstab - Melee debuffer with good damage.

Any class can do dps. The reason I am being vague is because its better to experience the game head on. 

You get 8 story characters 

Edér ( Fighter ) 

Aloth ( Wizard ) 

Durance ( Priest ) 

Kana ( Chanter ) 

Hiravias ( Druid ) 

Grieving mother ( Cipher ) 

Sagani ( Ranger ) 

Palleginna ( Paladin ) 

And you can make 8 custom built characters in the Inn. 

Edited by doctoruniverse
  • Like 1

There are a lot of ways to build a high DPS melee character in this game, but if you're still getting used to the game and don't want to use a Rogue, I'd recommend a Fighter or Barbarian. You can do high melee DPS with Rangers, Monks, Ciphers, or even Wizards, but those are trickier builds (for the Ranger, the tricky part is remembering which abilities work with melee and which don't). Barbarians do additional damage to enemies around their target, which is nice, while Fighters are reliable, durable damage dealers. Barbarian will probably give you higher overall numbers.

As far as caster damage goes, I think the Druid has the edge in AoE damage spells, but the Wizard is certainly no slouch and is better at inflicting status effects.

• Like 1

Most people abuse the combat system by using whisper of treason items (dominate) or just running away until the creatures stop following you. They usually pick fast runner talent from the start so they are faster and later get boots of speed so they can escape anywhere. 

• Like 1

So.. i'm thinking i'll go with:

- Balanced warrior as my main char (shield + sword or something like that);
 - 2H fighter (DPS melee);
 - Tanker figher (probabblu Eder);
 - 1 Ranged Cipher for damage;
 - Druid for damage area / caster;
 - Mage for CC or Priest for supp (which one is best?) ;

I'm thinkin on my 2 tankers (eder + main char) bloking all for the 2H dps and Cipher melt it.. (using the dps to hit flanked targets).

• Like 1

Hey guys, i was thinking in one party like this:

2 fighter tankters, 1 Paladin 2H DPS, 1 ranged Cipher and 1 Druid...

You guys think that's a good party ?

Ps: Sorry for my poor english.

Ps2: I'm accepting sugestions.

Thank you all !

Reverse the roles.   Make the paladins the tanks and build your fighters for damage.   This would be fine. 

• Like 1

I would absolutely go for a fighter for tanking purposes.

Fighter needs Defender+Wary Defender Pally needs Faith and Conviction + Buff Talent (forgot the name) both are equally hard to kill now but:

The Pally only binds 1 enemy the rest is free to run to your ranged camp, the Fighter binds 3 monsters.

The Wizzard, whilst rather unkillable, has the same problem.

Everyone can take "Hold the Line" (+1 Enemy engaged in melee), but its one of your only 6 Talents, and it does nothing else.

• Like 1

If I may I would like to ask something about a party build that has been on my mind and past it here rather than making a new thread becasue it is a rather simple question.

I have done a Hard playthough with a main rogue and a solo play-though as a wizard, Cipher, and a rogue on PotD. Now I want to make a PotD party with which i also clear the endless paths and I would like to use the companions I skipped: Hiravias, Kana, and Sagani. (although I am guessing that Aloth, Eder, and Durance might be the only characters with worthwhile stories? Hiravias did not warm to me with his humor)

I also want to try out classes I have not used namely: Monk, Barbarian, Ranger, Druid and Chanter. 

With regards to the ranger I already did Sagani's quest

I cleared the relevant areas and picked her up and ran from pearlwood bluff to northweald to finally find Persoc,

but that was the only time she was in my party, she did not travel with me or do any fighting. Is there more to her than that quest? Or should I rather just make my own Ranger, thinking Arquebuses with quick switch on an a Island Aumaua?

Party Composition then would be Monk and Barbarian in the front lines, Druid and Ranger in the back and then Kana midline. Feels a bit messy and I need a 6th char, thinking a priest for the good support.  

• Like 1

6ej155.jpg

@Omnicron; Sagani doesn't have much apart from the quests. Like other companions she has banter and will interject during dialogue, but she doesn't have additional major conversations apart from her quest like Eder or Aloth.

As for party composition, you can't go wrong with taking a Priest along. If it were me, I'd put Kana on the front line with a shield and heavy armor and use the Barbarian as a mid-liner with Tall Grass (pike), but that's probably a matter of preference and playstyle.

• Like 2