Guys... Should i use... Estoc or Greatsword? D:

Estoc for DPS and Greatsword for off tank as you can get Tidefall early.

I too suggest that Fighter be used as your main tank because of the Defender ability. Paladins are best suited to be off tanks.

Replace one of your Fighter with a priest and you will be good to go.

Edited by Evange
  • Like 1

If I may I would like to ask something about a party build that has been on my mind and past it here rather than making a new thread becasue it is a rather simple question.

I have done a Hard playthough with a main rogue and a solo play-though as a wizard, Cipher, and a rogue on PotD. Now I want to make a PotD party with which i also clear the endless paths and I would like to use the companions I skipped: Hiravias, Kana, and Sagani. (although I am guessing that Aloth, Eder, and Durance might be the only characters with worthwhile stories? Hiravias did not warm to me with his humor)

I also want to try out classes I have not used namely: Monk, Barbarian, Ranger, Druid and Chanter.

With regards to the ranger I already did Sagani's quest

I cleared the relevant areas and picked her up and ran from pearlwood bluff to northweald to finally find Persoc,

but that was the only time she was in my party, she did not travel with me or do any fighting. Is there more to her than that quest? Or should I rather just make my own Ranger, thinking Arquebuses with quick switch on an a Island Aumaua?

Party Composition then would be Monk and Barbarian in the front lines, Druid and Ranger in the back and then Kana midline. Feels a bit messy and I need a 6th char, thinking a priest for the good support.

Hiravias' quest is really disappointing for me. Aloth, Eder and Durance are very well written characters. You won't go wrong with picking them.

Just make sure you turn off auto levelling.

• Like 1

Okay, so...

1 Tanker Fighter

1 2H DPS Fighter

1 Eder

1 Druid

1 Cipher

1 Priest.

I just doubt who will be my main character. (the Tanker Fighter or the 2H DPS) :D

THis party it's ok now ?

Let Eder be your tank and slot in GM. 1.05 GM has really high Int so she can be your CC Cipher. You need another ranged DPS since you already have 2 melee.

• Like 1

And about a dual wielding melee rogue ?

Sneak/backstab attack only income with sneak mechanics ? Or.. Cripple, knock down, flanked will count as sneak too ?

I'm thinking on take Rogue instead a 2H Dps fighter...

DW Rogues are great. The only problem about DW Rogues, and probably what most people bitch about, is the micromanagement.

With its low endurance and sneak attack mechanic, he'll need babysiiting more than the Fighter.

And about a dual wielding melee rogue ?

Sneak/backstab attack only income with sneak mechanics ? Or.. Cripple, knock down, flanked will count as sneak too ?

I'm thinking on take Rogue instead a 2H Dps fighter...

DW Rogues are great. The only problem about DW Rogues, and probably what most people bitch about, is the micromanagement.

With its low endurance and sneak attack mechanic, he'll need babysiiting more than the Fighter.

Agreed. I tried it once and find that I'm pausing more than I like in big fights.

I suggest a bow rogue who switches to dual stilettos to clean up the fight. You can always use Cipher to inflict the flanked status.

Edited by Evange
  • Like 1