Greetings everyone,

I plan to tackle Od Nua throughout my playthrough. My question is this, how would you recommend I tackle Od Nua levels at certain character levels?

Example:

Od Nua lvl 1: Char levels 5

Od Nua lvl 2: Char levels 5

Od Nua lvl 3: Char levels 5-6

Od Nua lvl 4: Char levels 6-7

etc.

Any thoughts/input on this?

Thank you in advance,

Vahn

I'm not looking for spoilers. Only Od Nua level by character level ranges is all.

Then, as I said. Seems you're assumptions are based on playing it very safe. Depends on the difficulty level, of course, but without anything else to go on ....

Not much further, given that party composition. But as I said before, to explain, we would enter spoiler territory.

It also depends on what they're wearing and what weapons they have. Also on what your player character's class actually is.

Edited by abaris

You can go a lot further at lower levels if you're using figurine summons and don't mind reloading a few times.  On potd difficulty I went 1-3 on lvl 5, 4-6 on lvl 6, and 7-11 on lvl 7.  Haven't gotten further than that as I'm finishing up chapter 2.  It has been challenging and time consuming, but fun.  I'm planning to tackle the rest as I level up and see how it goes.

Btw this is me as ciper, the rest are Eder, Kana, Durance, Aloth and Hiravias.  I'm still playing 1.4 as I don't like updating to 1.5 half way through the game.  I use two summons.

Edited by ciphrus

You can go a lot further at lower levels if you're using figurine summons and don't mind reloading a few times.  On potd difficulty I went 1-3 on lvl 5, 4-6 on lvl 6, and 7-11 on lvl 7.  Haven't gotten further than that as I'm finishing up chapter 2.  It has been challenging and time consuming, but fun.  I'm planning to tackle the rest as I level up and see how it goes.

Btw this is me as ciper, the rest are Eder, Kana, Durance, Aloth and Hiravias.  I'm still playing 1.4 as I don't like updating to 1.5 half way through the game.  I use two summons.

Thank you for this. It seems I am able to continue with a couple of levels with my party composition. I plan on going a few more levels down and then perhaps go back to Defiance Bay. Level 3 was was a good challenge. Level 4 is a bit easy so far. I'll see what levels 5 and 6 have in store next!

Not much further, given that party composition. But as I said before, to explain, we would enter spoiler territory.

It also depends on what they're wearing and what weapons they have. Also on what your player character's class actually is.

I understand needing the specifics perhaps. I've posted my party composition. We have good weapons and armor (uniques, enchanted, etc.) and are dominating so far. 

I usually do like level 1 - 4 as soon as I frist get to Od Nua (i.e. level 4 - 5ish)

Then Od Nua 5 - 8ish a bit later during Act 2

And then the rest only at level 12.

Otherwise just do it when you feel like it, if it gets too tough come back in two levels. Rinse. Repeat.

• Like 1

Capture.jpg

Also, depending on your party composition, equipment, and play style, the levels might not become more difficult in a linear way. I for one found level 3 harder than the next two or so.

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

These are all spoilers...

You can go into the lower levels (not saying how many in total) at very low or very high party level, depending on your party composition and your ability, and your willingness to rest often.

Edited by the streaker

I hadn't realized how many levels there were.  So I was basically doing one level in between what I considered moderate story pieces.  Head back to the stronghold, do another level, rest up for free, then head back out.  But I think I'm getting behind, so now I'm doing multiple levels so that I don't end the game before finishing up Od Nua.  I'm doing hard difficulty (the one just above normal), so sometimes there can be a lot of enemies at once.  But on normal difficulty I think you could get quite far at level 6. 

level 4 to start it. 

After that you probably want to have your level equal to the level.  That is, a level 4 party can probably reach level 4 down, and after that, level 5 party for level 5,  ... level 8 party for level 8 ...  this is rough but it should be a good rule of thumb.  

Three levels are actually dangerous:

ogres -- they hit hard, and if you can't handle 4 of them at once, you either need to wait until you can OR be very, very careful about your pulls.  Its doable 2 at a time if you are careful.

Famyprs --- mostly dangerous because of the domination spell, but this level is significantly harder than the one above it.

the final level.  I highly recommend being max level and totally geared out if you want to fight.  It can be resolved with talk.

I usually do like level 1 - 4 as soon as I frist get to Od Nua (i.e. level 4 - 5ish)

Then Od Nua 5 - 8ish a bit later during Act 2

And then the rest only at level 12.

Otherwise just do it when you feel like it, if it gets too tough come back in two levels. Rinse. Repeat.

Yeah. Stopping at 8 until you max is the best.

There's only one criterion being really important at level 8 and that's tied to the main quest.

It's not only that (though the encounter you are referring to isn't really important). The level itself is pretty brutal compared to the previous ones (well, depending on your difficulty level anyway), plus that's where your mechanics gets crappy at lower character levels unless you are putting some special effort into it. You might want to finish most of the stuff in Defiance Bay before going any deeper than level 7. On the other hand, if you intend to turn certain knights hostile while working for a certain dastardly bunch, be sure to finish the "Blade of Od Nua" first. You have to push through to level 12 for that.

Nothing gold can stay.

There's only one criterion being really important at level 8 and that's tied to the main quest.

It's not only that (though the encounter you are referring to isn't really important). The level itself is pretty brutal compared to the previous ones (well, depending on your difficulty level anyway), plus that's where your mechanics gets crappy at lower character levels unless you are putting some special effort into it. You might want to finish most of the stuff in Defiance Bay before going any deeper than level 7. On the other hand, if you intend to turn certain knights hostile while working for a certain dastardly bunch, be sure to finish the "Blade of Od Nua" first. You have to push through to level 12 for that.

Without saying too much,  you can do all the stuff for the disreputable faction without making the others hostile.  You would have to work at it (deliberate hateful attitude) to make them hostile --- I have ended up with hero to one and ally to the other.