1.05.0567 "Disorienting" debuff (-5 all defenses) stacks with itself - BUG or WAD ?

peddroelm

Question

1StIGBz.jpg

That forest lurker had 51 deflection and 51 will defenses before the white spire started to "work" on him .. Fortitude and reflex were lowered too but I would need to do a "hit check" vs them for the info screen to display the actual values .. "Problem" is compounded on high INT Barbs (carnage AOE) ...

So there is no confusion about the screen shot - it will lower defenses by 5 per weapon swing & not miss not by 20.. 

This makes "The White Spire" (available to buy at beginning of act 2) probably more than ten times better the weapon "Blade of Endless Paths" is .. And getting that takes some effort ..

Edited by peddroelm

WPNTVf7.jpg

16 answers to this question

You mean this "problem/feature" is specific to this particular Estoc and not to all unique weapons with the disorienting trait ? (I did not test other disorienting weapons but would expect them to behave the same)

Edited by peddroelm

WPNTVf7.jpg

Hello again.  Being as this weapon was the only one listed in the bug, it's the only one I searched for.  I'm not aware of any others off the top of my head, but will gladly do a search internally and check to make sure that it is affecting all weapons with this enchantment if you would like to give me some item names to look for.  Thanks!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

From the wiki:

The Vile Loner's Lance (Spear)

Strike Hard (War hammer)

The White Spire (Estoc)

Lenas Er (Hunting bow)

Scon Mica's Roar (Blunderbuss)

Pliambo per Casitas (Arquebus)

Rod of Pale Shades (Rod)

Yeah the debuff still stacks. The blunderbuss is specially fun, because each bullet applies it, so you can instantly get -30 to defenses if all 6 hit. When you apply it multiple times it doesnt suppress itself but actualy increases in power. So with a high int and dex you can stack the debuff higher. Too bad there's no fast weapons with the ability, eh? I'm not even sure if it's working correctly or not, those high stacked debuffs don't last very long. WIth 20 int and 20 dex I had -30 a few times after a crit streak, but otherwise it was hovering around 20-25. I guess still kinda OP :D .

They also stack if you have multiple weapons with this ability. Testing on a party member I managed to get a total of -90 to defenses, with three companions hitting him with disorienting weapons.

The weapon description seems to update to show how strong the debuff is on the enemy with the highest level of debuff. Before you hit and after this first hit it will show 5, then 10, 15, etc. If you hit someone 2 times for -10 and then a different target once it will still show -10 on weapon but it will correctly give -5 to the 2nd target.

Edited by Sabotin
  • Like 1

Hey Iimaxophobiacq,

Yes, that was the old description of the disorienting mod. It has been changed to -5 defenses on hit. The duration will refresh on every hit instead of stacking. I have put in a bug that Scon Micas Roar lowers the defenses by each bullet. We will also be changing how the debuff is applies. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

Ouch, Boeroer won't like this! ;)

• Like 3

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Maaaan!

I was just playing 6 barbs with disorienting and proning weapons, lowering defenses to zero because of this stacking and doing crits all the time. It was hilarious - and you destroyed it! :(;)

Well - it was inevitable I think...

But you have to stack quite some attack speed for this. I would leave it as it is. It's just powerful with a barb because of carnage.

In 3.0 beta it still stacks by the way. Also from different sources (White Spire + Vile Loner e.g.) - hope that this last point will not change!

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

If they nerf it to not stack it should at least be increased to -10 (it was originally supposed to be -20 non-stacking after all). Given that another weapon property gives other people +10 accuracy to target the same enemy as you and doesnt require you to hit them leaving it at just -5 seems pretty weak in comparison.

I find -5 with stacking to be quite balanced. -10 non stacking would just be good for very slow hitting builds while faster ones would be punished.

Maybe they should just nerf the duration from 5 to 3 sec so a very fast char can't stack it to ridicoulous amounts.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I don't really see how -10 non stacking would punish fast hitting builds; they would get the same defense reduction as slow-hitting ones. Rather the current way it works over-rewards stacking attack speed (which is already very strong even without disorienting).

Lowering the duration would punish slow-hitting builds even more.

Edited by limaxophobiacq