Less frequent more meaningful battles?

Yes, simply yes.

However this is a spiritual successor to the IE games, which were very combat heavy as well, so part of the mandate for the game was a lot of combat. Personally I think there were a lot more interesting combat situations in the IE games however, whereas in Poe it just seems to be copy pasted mobs stood around waiting to be slaughtered, hence making for a very dull experience.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Define more meaningful battles?
They can't all have deep reasons for choosing combat, because then even those would become rote and tiresome. Or wandering maps with nothing to do in them except admire scenery, which doesn't work as well in non-3D games, imo.

It would have been nice to feel like there were more times with peaceful solutions, or if the land maps had more of a feeling of wild expanse vs. feeling like it takes 60 seconds to trek across/clear the fog whilst encountering wolves and things. Maybe the Pillars maps are similar in terms of physical size to some older games (?), but they feel smaller to me, which can make the encounters feel too closely spaced together.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts