Inspired by an exchange with Crucis and Kaigen42 over here, I figured I'd open a thread to discuss the best-looking equipment in Pillars of Eternity.

Sanguine Plate

Looks amazing on human/elven female characters.

bUm1mgJ.png

Argwes Adra

Nothing says "I'm stylish" like a plate whose name I can't spell.

QWQ1WFD.png

Sun Something Mail

... unless it's a chain mail whose name I can't even remember.

kgNnMLc.png

Looks good on Edér too:

aeqzs9L.png

Coat of Ill Payment

Oh, yes...

2dwiGds.png

White Knight, FTW

The Dunryd Demon helmet adds to the cool factor.

RR9G2PF.png

Autumn Something Something

Nothing says "I killed an innocent dragon-slayer!" like wearing this armor.

7k7yA9k.png

The Funky Green Chain Mail

All your friends will be green with envy.

jVcUwHP.png

Vengiatta Rugia

With a dandy hat for extra style.

3bzxEOR.png

Aru-Brakr

Not sure how to spell this either.

4DnbZth.png

Pallegina's Breastplate.

eNgoe8p.png

Party Selfie at Night

c8zaUQq.png

CHX8hIc.png

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 10

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Weird. I'm using dropbox to store them. Perhaps I'll add links tomorrow, so people who can't see the pictures over here can click the link and see them on dropbox.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Weird. I'm using dropbox to store them. Perhaps I'll add links tomorrow, so people who can't see the pictures over here can click the link and see them on dropbox.

You're linking to something that isn't the direct image. The forum will only embed direct image links using forum BBCode. ( IMG tags around a link that ends in the image extension, like http-whatever-com/image.jpg

When I try to go directly to the link you're using, it gives me a Dropbox-403 error page and tells me I'm not signed into dropbox and can't view it.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I've just amended the link to the Argwes Adra picture. If it works (i.e. you guys can see it), I will amend all others in the same way. If not, looks like I'll have to use a different host.

Still can't see it. original.gif

Googling around this seems to be an issue with Dropbox - the "share link" is not a true img. link, but rather some kind of framed page reference, even if the url you initially see in dropbox appears to be one... did you try adding ?raw=1 after the link you're trying to use? That's the only fairly recent solution I saw with a quick Google.

...at any rate, if you can't figure it out at dropbox, imgur is probably the easiest for occasionally sharing image files on forums. When you upload on imgur you can just r-click to View Image and get the direct link that way.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

All fixed up using imgur. I also added a couple pics as a bonus ;)

• Like 4

My favorite:

PwAOz7a.png

Which one is that and where do I get it? I'm looking for something proper for my melee cipher with below 30% speed red.

BTW, sorry but I got to add, everything related to gear in this game, from looks to stats, is donkey sh*t bad. 1/10.

^ Which one is that?

Feedback for Obsidian

(in case they're reading this)

• Thanks for making a game in which women in armor don't appear half-naked with barely a stripe of metal on their breasts and one on their genitals. Hallelujah!
  • What the expansion really needs to bring to the table now is a kick-ass black full plate, with spikes and gothic ornaments (or maybe one that looks like Sarevok's from BG1—always loved his black plate.) We have a white knight armor; now we need a black knight one ;)
  • PoE does helmet/headgear design better than most games, but most headgear in the game is the same silver/metal color. Nothing wrong with some realism but, as shown above, most endgame suits of armor in the game are colored (red, gold, green, even blue.) For the expansion we need some unique headgear that matches these armor in color and can be used in conjuction with them (right now I'd rather wear no headgear and give up on the bonuses than to wear something that doesn't match my armor's color/design.)
Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 6

Coat of Ill Payment looks good. The Plates are alright. My party wouldn't be caught Unconscious in some of those psychedelic armored t-shirts, though. I think Ixamitl Clothing looks cute on females, with those little red and white shoes.

Since the original post mentions equipment in general, it would be interesting to hear of attractive weapons, capes/cloaks (are there any?) etc.

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

It's simple leather armor with no enchantments (the 03 variant I believe, iirc the worn has also the same model) and it's random loot. Textures are a lot sharper on the male model tho.

This is what I was thinking too.  One of those simple leather armors actually looks pretty sharp.

Much as I like many of the armors in the game in terms of looks, it'd be nice if there was at least one or two leather and/or padded armors that was less ostentatious and more suited to a seriously stealthy thieving rogue, rather than a flashy, stylish dandy of a rogue.  Preferably in dark colors, with a good, dark enchanted (with a decently thematic effect) hood.   Hopefully providing a look similar to the pic that you posted earlier.

Edited by Crucis
  • Like 2

That coat of Ill Payment is cool looking. Where do I get that?

It is one of the bounties, although right now I can't quite recall which one.

That coat of Ill Payment is cool looking. Where do I get that?

It is one of the bounties, although right now I can't quite recall which one.

One of the 2nd tier bounties, so it is Act 3 only.

Here is my favorite for roguish types. It is just the fine brigandine.

17132527884_d3d1b83d2b_o.jpg

Edited by srlapo
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

He Who Carries Many Scars

Very good for tanks; look great with this shield.

POPHHqO.png

The Autumn Something Something scale male looks great with the shield Azzuro sells:

8jVwlM4.png

Wurmwull

The chain mail Azzuro sells is shiny. Looks good on Edér too.

vm4kZ24.png

xYZSl8K.png

Rebel's Call

The leather armor Azzuro sells. Looks better on female character models 'cause it gets shiny parts.

Very good for rogue-ish characters.

M5NVaQW.png

Hiro's Mantle

Looks great with the Sanguine Plate.

I1J9ZFz.png

Exceptional Mail Armor

v08UFNZ.png

• Like 2

I'm getting really annoyed with this random merchant that shows up at the strong hold.  All I ever seem to get out of him is the Wormwull armor, perhaps those grossly overpriced gloves, or the nice morning star.  I wish that Azzuro would just show up with his entire frigging stock and take up residence, for crying out loud.

I picked up that Autumn Fire scale armor, and darned, it's nice looking!  :biggrin:

A nice scale armor that I came across that's quite interesting looking is the Scales of the Raven.  Very scaly, very black.  Whether it's nice looking is a matter of opinion, but one can't deny that it looks different from all the shiny armors out there. 

And a very nice, very impressive looking leather armor I purchased (IIRC) is Kerdhed Pames.  It's a suit of Exceptional Leather Armor that comes with a +3 bonus to Resolve, which adds +3 to DEFL.  I'm using this armor on my offensive Fighter PC in my current party.