Mad Max: Fury Road: 99% Fresh with 190 Critic Reviews

ktchong

Just came back from watching it, great movie. They really captured the spirit of the original. Definitely watching the sequel, which I'm 99% sure will be made.

• Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

On one of the bad guy's vehicles, there is a mutant standing on a platform and playing an electric guitar that shoots flames, with four synchronized drummers in the back.  They provide the soundtrack during some  of the chase scenes.

5e25da37-61d7-44fd-a9a3-b2f5b8b5a791-620

Watch the movie for that reason.

P.S., The guitar guy, called Coma-Doof Warrior in the movie, was actually played by iOTA, a real guitarist, who composed some of the soundtracks for the movie.

Edited by ktchong
  • Like 4

Going to see it tomorrow. 

I have seen reviews of other films that turned out not to be the second comming of Christ despite being very close to 10/10 on IMDB. The scores tend do go down rather than up with time. Anyway 'don't believe the hype' is sound advice in any situation. 

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Keep in mind that the Rotten Tomatoes system is not a grade rather a reflection of how many critics were positive about the movie. If all of them say "it was stupid but it was super fun" it's going to get a 100% score. For reference, the Paddington bear movie got 98% last month.

• Like 1

Going to see it tomorrow. 

I have seen reviews of other films that turned out not to be the second comming of Christ despite being very close to 10/10 on IMDB. The scores tend do go down rather than up with time. Anyway 'don't believe the hype' is sound advice in any situation. 

The movie already has 190 critic reviews.  When a movie gets a very positive first round of reviews, the reviews are often numbered at a few dozens at most. Then, as more and more reviews came out, the review scores went down.  However, given that Mad Max: Fury Road already has 190 reviews at the moment, it is unlikely the overall review score will go down by too much when the few remaining reviews come out.  (i.e., most blockbusters get about 200 to 250 reviews total; Furious 7 got 198 total, and Age of Ultron 257.)

Edited by ktchong
  • Like 1

Keep in mind that the Rotten Tomatoes system is not a grade rather a reflection of how many critics were positive about the movie. If all of them say "it was stupid but it was super fun" it's going to get a 100% score. For reference, the Paddington bear movie got 98% last month.

Are you dissing Paddington?  He'll maul you, be careful what you say.  That raincoat is not about the weather, it's to keep clean when the blood of his enemies is raining down.

• Like 1

Can you literally prove that? I can literally point out that is why they have something called stunt doubles.

\Anyways, I think this is one of those movies that looks like it can be fun and could be enjoyable but 3 things have turned me off to rushing to watch it:

1. No Mel Gibson

2.  The ridiculous over the top praise its getting which means it is almopst guaranteed to disspoint me.

3.  Theron's character looks legitly awesome and fun but  the SJWs and feminists ruined that by proclaiming that IF YOU HATE THIS MOVIE YOU ARE SEXIST AND HATE WOMEN.  lmao

So, I dunno. Might see it on Sunday.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

3.  Theron's character looks legitly awesome and fun but  the SJWs and feminists ruined that by proclaiming that IF YOU HATE THIS MOVIE YOU ARE SEXIST AND HATE WOMEN.  lmao

I though it was men right activist or what ever who said that people should boycott the movie because it is product of feminist conspiracy in Hollywood and etc. thing that is aimed to destroy the men and action films and so on and so forth, even though they weren't even seen it in first place. 

• Like 2

If I was involved in marketing, i would play the whole "GRL POWAH" to bits even if it is just mere lip service to the useful idiots. That way a movie can only get into a win-win situation. The old fans get their action and campy enemies, the petrolheads get their car races and the progressive reviewers will fall over themselves on how it is better than any other action movie ever made. 

That's just my opinion though, i will probably see it in the future. Nothing will beat Mad Max: Road Warrior.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Mad Maxine was quite an experience, beautiful cinematography and headlong thrills, though not exactly a cerebral experience it makes no pretence at being such.

Mrs Nonek being far more of an action junkie was far more impressed, but I enjoyed it enough.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Mad Maxine was quite an experience, beautiful cinematography and headlong thrills, though not exactly a cerebral experience it makes no pretence at being such.

Mrs Nonek being far more of an action junkie was far more impressed, but I enjoyed it enough.

Now, now. Tom Hardy is not that bad of an actor.

• Like 2

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I honestly didn't notice that, I must have had Ms Theron on the mind. Which is no bad thing.

I agree that Mr Hardy is one hell of an actor, and improving in almost every role.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Now, now. Tom Hardy is not that bad of an actor.

It is however rather sad when the main protagonist of a Mad Max movie is not Mad Max. TBH it was a very good Charlize Theron action movie set in the Mad Max universe. Wasn't a Mad Max movie though. As for how much of a problem that is, well, it depends entirely about how much one is invested in Mad Max. Although Rhona Mitra was just as good in Doomsday and she didn't have to piggyback MM.

"You know, there's more to being an evil despot than getting cake whenever you want it"

"If that's what you think, you're DOING IT WRONG."

"I though it was men right activist or what ever who said that people should boycott the movie because it is product of feminist conspiracy in Hollywood and etc. thing that is aimed to destroy the men and action films and so on and so forth, even though they weren't even seen it in first place. "

\

Considering that Mad Max is as close to a traditional 'bros action movie' as it can get I seriously doubt they weren't planning to watch it.

P.S. Theron > Hardy

Hardy is so horrid they are trying to sell the movie based  half way on a non Mad Max character. taht's why he sucks. This movie is going to be remembered for Theron's character. If you are the elad and shown up before the movie even got released... YOU SUCK.

P.S. Also, the diea that men are so sexist that they hate strong female characters is ludicrous when  you remember the popularity of Alien amongst men.  LMAO And, that movie is DECADES old before the stupidity and evil of SJWs existed.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I love the MRA outrage over this film so hard.

The tears sustain my lifeforce.

P.S. Also, the diea that men are so sexist that they hate strong female characters is ludicrous when  you remember the popularity of Alien amongst men.  LMAO And, that movie is DECADES old before the stupidity and evil of SJWs existed.

.... so are you saying MRAs don't exist or are you saying MRA Outrage is an "Ebil EsJayDoubleYew" conspiracy?

• Like 2