do we have an ETA on when the expansions are coming out? It seems like I read 1 part near the end of this year and the 2nd part next year? Any info on this by chance?

Everyone does things a bit differently, but in my experience it seems a first expansion/dlc comes out about 5-6 months after release.

WoW first expansion came 3 years after release

Second expansion 4

Third 6 years

Fourth 8 years and so on

Half Life

First expansion came 1 year after release

2 came 3 years

Everquest 

First expansion came one year after release....and they kept releasing 2 expansions per year for a long time

Destiny's first expansion came only 3 months after release.

Skyrim released expansions for consoles every 6 months and every year for PC

So I wouldn't hold my breath before 6 months.

I remember watching an interview with Feargus Urquhart where he said something along the lines of keeping the players hooked by expansions not being released too long after the original game release. It was something like, the first one very soon, the second one soon. But whatever that's supposed to mean is anybody's guess.

I'm concerned about this 2 part expansion.

According to howlongtobeat.com

TotSC had almost 20 hours (completionist)

ToB had almost 40 hours (completionist)

PoE expansions better be 20-40 hours per part!

I would rather have the whole expansion to play begin to end at once.

Dont like the chapter/part decision.

I played The Dream Machine chapters 1 - 4 (out of 6) and when I started playing

the fith chapter (released a long time after) I realized that I didnt remember things I needed to play chapter 5.

If they go with the part thing I will wait to have everything before playing.

• Like 1

Its one xpack in two parts. I'm expecting 6 to 10 hours per part. Edited by Shevek

Its one xpack in two parts. I'm expecting 6 to 10 hours per part.

Sounds like a frigging DLC-length to me.

• Like 1

Source? Because if that would be true, that'd be really goddamn sad. I would absolutely expect 20-40 hours per expansion pack.

40 sounds a bit much, yes, but I'm referencing it as thresholds. Minimum 20, maximum 40. Anything less than 20 would be unacceptable for a real expansion pack, and anything above 40 would just be ridiculously unreasonable to expect.

I'm hoping for 100 hours. Aim for the stars!

• Like 2

t50aJUd.jpg

E3 is next month. We'll see something then.

I assume we'll get the ExPack by November.

Sounds like a frigging DLC-length to me.

What else were you expecting? They made the entire game for $6m and the ExPacks were using some of the run-off and some of the profit. 

They do at least two expansions, which they have promised give both to people who bought expansion during kickstarter or via backer portal. 

But what little they have said about those expansions make me think that they will be stand alone campaign that don't necessary set in Dyrwood area.

I would guess that total playtime through both expansions will be somewhere between 20-80 hours, depending on do they invest on quality or quantity more. Guess is based on estimate that they will release both expansions in next year and half and their team now knows how their pipelines work and they don't need to as much ground work and gameplay design.

Let us not forget that they already charged for the expansion. So it's not free and I expect at least 15 hours out of it.

Honestly? Stating they'd not only make an expansion but give it to you as a reward tier was a friggin' risky (and really stupid) move. 

Let us not forget that they already charged for the expansion. So it's not free and I expect at least 15 hours out of it.

Honestly? Stating they'd not only make an expansion but give it to you as a reward tier was a friggin' risky (and really stupid) move.

I don't think I understood you since I didn't say they should give me anything for free. What I said and meant was that I would like them to keep doing expansions and / or sequels for the game. You even quoted me saying that they already charged for the expansion.

I don't think I understood you since I didn't say they should give me anything for free. What I said and meant was that I would like them to keep doing expansions and / or sequels for the game. You even quoted me saying that they already charged for the expansion.

Well, they didn't charge for the expansion, which was my point. They have always made it clear that the run-off funds and profit from pre-orders would go towards funding the expansion.

As for you thinking I was attacking you or whatnot, I did not mean for it to come off as that. I was merely expanding upon your thought. That 'honestly?' was not meant to be hostile.

Well, they didn't charge for the expansion, which was my point. They have always made it clear that the run-off funds and profit from pre-orders would go towards funding the expansion.

As for you thinking I was attacking you or whatnot, I did not mean for it to come off as that. I was merely expanding upon your thought. That 'honestly?' was not meant to be hostile.

No worries. About the expansion, I actually bought it. Just before the game being released they gave an option to buy the expansion. I think it was about $25-35...