I made a new run on ptriple crown,

i ocmpleted all side quests except for master below, and ones of the companions.

60000/66000 of levle 12...no chance hit levle 12 before facing taos, as no other sidequests left...

so how supsoed level up now? the nerf to bounties xp was jsutified, but too much imo...cant hit max levle now ebfore facing bosS...

Really? I haven't played with the next experience yet, but I find that extremely hard to believe, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's true.

I guess the idea is that smaller parties will get more benefit out of the xp bonus for having less than 6 members.

Which is utter poppy****.

t50aJUd.jpg

People were complaining about getting to level 12 before the game ended so my guess is the devs decided to give them what they wanted.  Moral of that "Be careful what you ask the gods (devs) for as you just might get it."  :no:

As for smaller parties I agree with Luckmann.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

Unless XP distribution works differently above normal and hard, I don't quite understand your situation. I always have a party of 6 and always reached the cap well before the end game, with side quests to spare. And I'm talking about patch 1.05, which I run since it came out on beta.

To my knowledge, only the warden quests got nerfed as far as XP is concerned.

Edited by abaris
  • Like 1

Never paid much attention to how exp was divided - is it actually a benefit to smaller parties (same amount distributed between fewer members) ?

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

Never paid much attention to how exp was divided - is it actually a benefit to smaller parties (same amount distributed between fewer members) ?

You get more per member. But what's the point? There's enough XP lying around to carry you over the level cap anyway.

well, it's my 4rth run through the game, first since 1.05.

im pretty sure i did all side quests for the sole exception of companions ones as i run with 5 customes...my pc is 62/66k customes 60/66.

only thing lefts is caed nua and going into pit after Taos. except if there soem hidden stuff mega boost they added in the pit, once i jump i hardly see what cud give me the missing 6k/character.

proofs :

http://s77.photobucket.com/user/mkmwodnik/media/Sans%20titre_zpssdugnmwx.png.html

http://s77.photobucket.com/user/mkmwodnik/media/Sans%20titre3_zpsi4d2qgbn.png.html

http://s77.photobucket.com/user/mkmwodnik/media/Sans%20titre4_zpsviasd8oo.png.html

http://s77.photobucket.com/user/mkmwodnik/media/Sans%20titre2_zpsdf76tkhn.png.html

http://s77.photobucket.com/user/mkmwodnik/media/Sans%20titre1_zpskycsvsje.png.html

so what now? shud i go for caed nua hoping for a miracle? to me looks liek now for get xp cap u need also do all companions side quests..or fill all bestiary? else how u can explain that gaping 6k when all else done...

Edited by Panda Baby

You get +10% for each party member missing. So if you are soloing, you are gaining +50% experience. This ensures that unless you want to overlevel like crazy, you need to fill up your party as soon as you get to Gilded Vale, before you consider doing anything at all.

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

well, it's my 4rth run through the game, first since 1.05.

im pretty sure i did all side quests for the sole exception of companions ones as i run with 5 customes...my pc is 62/66k customes 60/66.

only thing lefts is caed nua and going into pit after Taos. except if there soem hidden stuff mega boost they added in the pit, once i jump i hardly see what cud give me the missing 6k/character.

proofs :

http://s77.photobucket.com/user/mkmwodnik/media/Sans%20titre_zpssdugnmwx.png.html

http://s77.photobucket.com/user/mkmwodnik/media/Sans%20titre3_zpsi4d2qgbn.png.html

http://s77.photobucket.com/user/mkmwodnik/media/Sans%20titre4_zpsviasd8oo.png.html

http://s77.photobucket.com/user/mkmwodnik/media/Sans%20titre2_zpsdf76tkhn.png.html

http://s77.photobucket.com/user/mkmwodnik/media/Sans%20titre1_zpskycsvsje.png.html

so what now? shud i go for caed nua hoping for a miracle? to me looks liek now for get xp cap u need also do all companions side quests..or fill all bestiary? else how u can explain that gaping 6k when all else done...

Well, you're running a custom party. You lose a lot of xp from the companion quests. That would probably level up your main pc and if you went with maybe one custom character you would probably be able to level up more companions.

Edited by zombo

Sounds as if they cut the exp too much. Note that you can easily miss a lot of side quests, as you don't get blinking arrows telling you about them.

Don't give them ideas. Those blinking arrows are for convenience, and we all know that if it's one thing that's fashionable right now, it's convenience.

• Like 5

t50aJUd.jpg

Sounds as if they cut the exp too much. Note that you can easily miss a lot of side quests, as you don't get blinking arrows telling you about them.

Don't give them ideas. Those blinking arrows are for convenience, and we all know that if it's one thing that's fashionable right now, it's convenience.

Blinking arrows?  Green pizza wedges?  Pop-ups that tell you what to do?   

I play on expert mode in order to avoid any hint of those things.

nakia_banner.jpg

But if a game is designed for the mentally handicapped in the first place, no expert mode can prevent shiny quest marks to pop up at every given opportunity. So better not give them ideas of going down that road.

• Like 2

But if a game is designed for the mentally handicapped in the first place, no expert mode can prevent shiny quest marks to pop up at every given opportunity. So better not give them ideas of going down that road.

Hopefully someone can and will mod the game.  They did it for Oblivion for which I was most grateful.

nakia_banner.jpg

Hopefully someone can and will mod the game.  They did it for Oblivion for which I was most grateful.

Which game are we talking about?

POE doesn't have them. It's usually the so called AAA title developers or rather the beancounters breathing down their necks, who think them to be a necessity.

We definitely agree here....

In the Elder Scrolls Online there are actually numerous written and visual clues for the quests, and there are mods that disable the arrows and hints.  They transform the game into something really interesting.  In most WoW-type games it's actually almost hopeless without them - as the designers didn't bother to sprinkle clues around, so that without the arrows there is basically no way to figure out how to succeed except stumbling around randomly.

In most WoW-type games it's actually almost hopeless without them - as the designers didn't bother to sprinkle clues around, so that without the arrows there is basically no way to figure out how to succeed except stumbling around randomly.

Yeah, but these are entirely different puppies. Never played any WoW game, but they are all MMOs if I'm not mistaken.

In the Elder Scrolls Online there are actually numerous written and visual clues for the quests, and there are mods that disable the arrows and hints.  They transform the game into something really interesting.  In most WoW-type games it's actually almost hopeless without them - as the designers didn't bother to sprinkle clues around, so that without the arrows there is basically no way to figure out how to succeed except stumbling around randomly.

That's degeneration, though. They're first added for convenience, and then the descriptions and meat of the game is rationed.

t50aJUd.jpg

I'm almost level 9 now (PotD solo), and I haven't done all of what Defiance Bay has to offer, or any bounties, or Dryford Village - I find it hard to believe level 12 is unachievable. I guess I'll wait and see. This was all based off the OP saying he was doing Triple Crown, which really doesn't seem to be the case from later posts.

Edited by Jojobobo

I'm almost level 9 now (PotD solo), and I haven't done all of what Defiance Bay has to offer, or any bounties, or Dryford Village - I find it hard to believe level 12 is unachievable. I guess I'll wait and see. This was all based off the OP saying he was doing Triple Crown, which really doesn't seem to be the case from later posts.

If, as he says, he scrapped all the companion quests by using custom bots and didn't do the endless paths, he may be in a tight spot. I'm not actually sure, how much the companion quests and the endless paths net, but it's cosiderable.