What (spoiler free if possible) triggers the end of act2?

Trying to avoid any significant spoilers here, hopefully it's something like "entering zone X" or "turning in quest Y" or "gametime of Z days".   Someone recommended I not progress to act 3 until I had done all the act 2 quests ... but I'm not sure how to avoid act 3.   :facepalm:

Googling or forum-searching seems extremely likely to turn up spoilers.  

Thanks

Act 2 is over when you complete all of the main quest objectives in Defiance Bay

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Well, you can't complete the ones in Defiance Bay without also completing that one, so I assumed that would be self-explanatory. :)

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Thanks, that answer should be sufficient to let anyone avoid accidentally transitioning from Act2->3.

In case anyone finding this needs a (slightly) more detailed explanation to put their mind at ease: 

I believe this means the trigger is ...

(number and name of quest(s) to complete Act2):

completing ALL 3 of these quests:

The Man who Waits

Undying Heritage

Through Death's Gate

And most likely a certain amount of progress (or completion) of this one as well:

The Hermit of Hadret House

since progression in it seems to be strongly related to completing the other 3.  

It's not a hair-trigger, you can't accidentally start Act III. Avoid speaking to Lady Webb in Hadret House until you've completed all the Act II stuff you want.  

Act 2's trigger is actually a lot more telegraphed than Act 1's.

Act 1 sort of just happens.

It's not a hair-trigger, you can't accidentally start Act III. Avoid speaking to Lady Webb in Hadret House until you've completed all the Act II stuff you want.  

Act 2's trigger is actually a lot more telegraphed than Act 1's.

Act 1 sort of just happens.

As you say, the end of Act 1 is rather subtle.  It does sorta just happen.   But Act 2 ... well, it may not be exactly obvious that the event that ends Act 2 is going to BE the event the ends Act 2 (sorry for the repetition).  But once it happens, there's nothing subtle about it.