[1.05] Cave Bear from Bear Cave killed me from 30 meters away

Adragan

Question

Hi,

I found a bug when trying to kick some bear ass in the Bear Cave with a 3 Con level 2 Wizard. Had a tough time.

I ended up using slicken on him so I could explore the cave when he was down. It worked twice; slicken made him fall right after he reached me in melee and engaged me. I was able to flee until he got up and chased me again.

The third time however, after he fell and I flew, he hit me from his position (out of the screen) right after he got up. He didn't have to reach melee range, so I basically died alone from a melee attack 30 meters away (with some protective cave wall on top).

He couldn't have become invisible or some similar bug, the slicken timing suggests that I received the hit as soon as he was allowed to make an action again, i.e. after prone wore off.

4 answers to this question

Hi,

I found a bug when trying to kick some bear ass in the Bear Cave with a 3 Con level 2 Wizard. Had a tough time.

I ended up using slicken on him so I could explore the cave when he was down. It worked twice; slicken made him fall right after he reached me in melee and engaged me. I was able to flee until he got up and chased me again.

The third time however, after he fell and I flew, he hit me from his position (out of the screen) right after he got up. He didn't have to reach melee range, so I basically died alone from a melee attack 30 meters away (with some protective cave wall on top).

He couldn't have become invisible or some similar bug, the slicken timing suggests that I received the hit as soon as he was allowed to make an action again, i.e. after prone wore off.

The bear use a psionic attack thats why you don't see it.

Yes i know, my english sux.

There is a bug with disabling status effects, where if an enemy is disabled in the middle of an attack, they will resume the attack upon the effect expiring, regardless of how far away their original target is currently. This is very easy to see by using Cipher's Mental Bindings while an enemy is in the middle of an attack animation.

There's also another bug with paralyze at the very least, where if you paralyze an already paralyzed enemy, they will complete their currently queued action after the original paralyze duration ends, and then resume being paralyzed for the remainder of the new paralyze duration. Very annoying. Again, easy to test with Cipher's Mental Bindings.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Thanks for the feedback, you pinpointed the bug quite precisely. That should be helpful to developers if they aren't already aware of this one :)

The bear use a psionic attack thats why you don't see it.

For a moment I thought he dug a tunnel real quick to grab my butt from below, but I think your version makes more sense.

Edited by Adragan

For a moment I thought he dug a tunnel real quick to grab my butt from below, but I think your version makes more sense.

These tunnels in the space time continuum are only dug by stone beetles.

The can teleport on game pause since the beta, quite annoing their potential to flee from firmly placed area efect spells.