I am level 10 and I have Durance, 10 wizard with level 5 and 6 spells, but I cannot find a spell that allows me to PETRIFY my enemies! I looked all over and so many people recommend using it, but it is nowhere to be found!?!

OK, I researched and it says Gaze of the Adragan spell does the petrification, but I am level 10 and I do not have it. Can it be found in someone's Grimoire? Otherwise its so damn unfair for people to advice to "petrify" enemies in order to defeat them when you are level 9 or 10 and don't have that spell. I think I should just cheat and get this spell to balance the game for me.

Edited by MonarchX

Gaze of the Adragan is a level 6 spell so you can't cast it until character level 11. There's no need to cheat; just select it upon level-up if you really want it. And yes, it can be found in some grimoires too. If you really want to petrify at level 10, use the 5th level Druid spell Embrace of the Earth Talon.

"Petrify" is the top of a list of similar effects (i.e. Stun, Paralyze, etc). 

You don't need to hold out for that specific effect to introduce that particular mechanic to your gameplay.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

It's... unfair people tell you to use a high level spell... so you should cheat to make it fair?

Petrify is incredibly powerful, and it's meant to be end-game. You should have plenty of paralysis options that can hit for quite a long time with high INT and accuracy boosting spells/scrolls/potions.

• Like 1

Paralysis from the cipher can be spammed at a fairly low level, by level 4 or 5 you can use it 3, 4 and more times per fight.  Wizard has a level 2 paralysis as well, but you only get a couple of uses of it at lower levels between sleeps.  I can't recall if the druid has one that early or not.  The cipher one also applies stuck in a large aoe and is extremely powerful for the first 3/4 of the entire game.

Edited by JONNIN