First playhtough on hard was not too bad, had a few difficulties with some baddies, but my party felt really strong with PC cipher, eder, hired fighter, durance, hiravious (sp?), and kana.

Wanted to try PoTD and also some new classes, so I went with PC paladin, kana, hired ranger w/bear, durance, aloth, and Hiravious.

I know some guys =can solo PoTD, so I figured I should be able to survive, but not having a fighter is hard.

I have slogged through most of stuff west of Cead Nua, (even completing Mearwald quest to get the druid.)

But the final fight at raedric's hold sent me into a rage.  I can't beat him.  Tried 6 times.  I can get them down to about two guys, but Kana and I must die too quickly and then its over, even with my best spells being brought to bear.

Am I too squishy of a party?  Kana is sword and board, and I'm two-hander.  I want to be able to play these new classes and try them out, but I am resting a lot and every battle is a war... which is fun to a point, but now I am stuck.  I am level 4-5 right now taking on this guy.

Thoughts??  Thanks.

Edited by conanthelibrarian

You don't have a wiz or a cipher?

If I don't solo I always bring a cipher and antipathetic field the crap out of raedrics friends in the doorway. :D But thats just me being cheesy.

If you did Maerwald you got acces to defiance bay and indefinite options, get thew def +10 ring from copperlane market, also get the spider figurines from the quest with the boy and his knife (also free xp), get the shades figurine out of the vailan embassy and here you go, cheese that fight with any solo char, much more with a party, no matter your strategy, even if it's auto attack.

That was supposed to say Aloth, dang auto correct.

Should I just go back and forget him for now until I can get better hear and maybe level up in defiance bay?  My OCD kicks in and I really hate leaving him alive when I am so close.  But there may not be anything for it but to wait.

I salute all you guys who solo this as I can barely survive with a full party!

pZwU4j.jpg

AMpguX.jpg

XvUnzo.jpg

1JL6Rn.jpg

yCQXLM.jpg

KmiJPf.jpg

Who needs fighters? tongue.png

Everybody has 3 base constitution, except the Dwarf Priest. Dwarves can't go lower than 4.

Oh and both frontline warriors dual wield. Shields are for pussies :p

Edited by Psychevore

With Aloth I killed Raedric just a few days ago (party) spammed Ghost Blades. Do you follow the normal (cheesy) way of doibg this fight, where you place your party behind the door, aggro a paladin ranged and then hide your squishies behind two melees who block said door? Because if you make him aggressive via dialogue and stand in the middle, maybe leveling up is better.

When I soloed this game first time (beat it with a cipher) I waited till level 7 and wiped the floor with Raedric without door cheese.

NO raven, I am trying to do this without too much cheese.  Seems to break the "realism" for me.

I am at the bottom of the stairs and set a fireball trap on the steps, and unload everyhitng i have on them, I just cannot keep my Paladin and Chanter up long enough to let the spell casters do their damage.  

Walk in with pala. Durance a bit in the back but not too far. Once melee enemies surround the pala cast repulsing seal under them. If they try to get up - cast again. Burst everything that stands with wizard and druid. Done.

Edited by MadDemiurg

Simples solution - you dont want to cheese? then over level it , after defiance bay raedric hold should be walk in a park even the last fight , i mean after defiance bay you can have that many figurines to just pop them at raedric and let them fight it out lol . 

For big fights on potd, I found crowd control to be essential. Aloth's Bewildering Spectacle should in itself make the fight reasonably doable, since it's very possible to have half of his guys kill the other half of his guys. The benefit of potd is that the mobs you confuse/dominate is also that much stronger :) Disable and Control, Divide and conquer. Remember to debuff.

Oh, and Shod in Faith boots are really nice on potd since enemies tend to crit frequently and the heal is pretty decent for an extended period through the fight. Doesn't cost all too much either if you haven't blown all your cash on gear already.

Use spells, like Curse of the Blackened sight 2nd level wizard spell, follow up with Combusting wounds, Arcane assaults and Ghost blades.  If you are level 5 then Noxius Burst is excellent damage spell as well.  Slicken a 1st level spell might buy you a breather as well and if you have a battle line a Chill Fog is also great DOT.

Have Durance cast Armour of Faith (+4DR), Blessing (+5 Acc and +10%dmg) and Holy Power (increases might and resolve for more damage and deflection)-  And then you have him running consecrated ground and spamming heals.  

Kana's job should be staying alive until he can summon a shade or skeletons.

Hiravious should be casting Nature's mark and following up with sunbeam for blind and damage and dancing bolts.  Conjure lesser blight is good to distract your enemies and if you manage in a cone of Autum's Decay then that would be nice as well.

The Ranger should be shooting the enemy wizards, trying to drop them as fast as he cans.

Just a few tips, I have done this fight probably 3 times on potd and sometimes it can be tricky, especially as you don't have good positioning if you talk to Raedric.  I always approach him with my tank, keep the others on the steps and then run as fast as I can back with my tank to make a battle line.

Where are the  shod in faith boots?  What spell level is bewildering spectacle?  Thanks for the help slapstick, and love the avatar.

The Shod in Faith boots are sold by Dunstan in the Crucible Knight's keep in First Fires. You have to do their first quest (retrieving the Forge Knight plans) before he'll sell to you. Bewildering Spectacle is a 2nd level spell.