I have 0 experience with Druids and I'm about to add Hiravias to my group. I want to use him as a caster and my idea was to give him the Wildstrike Belt (+Burn), Wildstrike Shock, Greater Wildstrike Shock, and the +Elemental damage feats. Then, in the beginning of the combat, I would Spiritshift and dump my spells.

I thought this strategy would be viable, but I read an old topic (pre-launch) and they mention something about slow recovery for spells while spiritshifted. Can you tell me if there is anything "wrong" with my strategy or if it'll work just fine? The idea here was to use Spiritshift for extra damage just like Marked Prey (Ranger) or Sworn Enemy (Paladin), since these abilities have Instant cast during 1.05.

Don't the Wlidstrike talents only apply to melee attacks?

I don't know. Can someone explain if Wildstrike behaves like Lashes and if they really don't apply to spells? If so, then Spiritshifting is quite underwhelming for casters. Fortunately the game is already too easy even on PotD and Druids have access to fantastic spells (despite the nerfs in 1.05, heh).

Don't the Wlidstrike talents only apply to melee attacks?

I don't know. Can someone explain if Wildstrike behaves like Lashes and if they really don't apply to spells? If so, then Spiritshifting is quite underwhelming for casters. Fortunately the game is already too easy even on PotD and Druids have access to fantastic spells (despite the nerfs in 1.05, heh).

Wildstrike is a lash. It does not affect spells. It only affects shapeshifted damage. It is a VERY low return for a talent point. Should probably be worth 1/2 a talent point if that was possible.

If you want to buff Druid melee you're better off taking a non-Druid melee talent, because later on weapons may be more powerful than your shifted paws and the normal talents will affect your shapeshifted melee anyway.

• Like 1