Missing Sentries quest in 1.05

wolfsrain

Question

From what i understood, you should be able to solve this quest in a peaceful manner. I have a conversionalist rogue and yet, no matter what i do, i can't solve the quest peacefully. Seems that the quest was bugged from the start, and was still present in 1.04. And in my 1.05 game, it's still there.

Can anyone that played a new game with the 1.05 confirm that had the same problems?

I used my old savegame, so maybe a new game is required, though i did not see any mention of Obsidian fixing this specific bug.

3 answers to this question

Just finished it right now actually on a new PotD run. There's no way around it as far as dialogue options go and I don't see any dialogue based on resolve or other stats that might have a peaceful solution and I have that option enabled that lets me see all the dialogue requirements. I read that the prima guide said you could resolve it peacfully but it might have been a mistake. Has anyone ever resolved it peacfully to begin with?

Edited by Dinky Dino

I read that some people managed to talk with the sentries and convince them to switch sides, but they could not get a peaceful solution. But i can't get near the sentries, as the dialogue activates when i get near the tomb. So some part of the quest worked previously. Prima guides states that you should use the clever answer and resolve, but none of those can be accessed in 1.04 or 1.05 (tried while i was still on 1.04, tried again on 1.05). Would like to see an official answer on the matter.