[1.05] Stuck in Combat Mode

Kil3r

Question

7 answers to this question

Ok so decided to try this part of the game out again and it seems that the glitch still happened after both reloading and traveling out of the area then coming back.

I think this has to do with the Elder Stelgaer. They don't let you out of combat on death. In the same area, the people who are fighting the mercenaries in the "At the Mercy of the Tribes" quest ended combat after death.

The location is Northweald.

I did a lot of testing on this same problem yesterday and I tested a load of ideas. Seems the key is whether you have received the quest "Hunter Brother" in Hearthsong. Without the quest the encounter triggers infinite combat, but once I went to collect the quest (same character who had infinite combat) the encounter played out normally. 

• Like 2

6ej155.jpg

I did a lot of testing on this same problem yesterday and I tested a load of ideas. Seems the key is whether you have received the quest "Hunter Brother" in Hearthsong. Without the quest the encounter triggers infinite combat, but once I went to collect the quest (same character who had infinite combat) the encounter played out normally. 

Holy ****! Thank you for this information. Ima do that work around for now, but hopefully they find out about this issue and fix it.

I have received the quest "Hunter Brother" in Heartsong but I can't finish combat after dealing with the first black stelgaers. I continue to the east and fight more stelgaers but combat doesn't finish. I'm playing 1.06 beta

What can I do???

EDIT: I tried again. First I dealed with the weak black stelgaers, then I spoke with the giant white stelgaer soul. After that I went to the east and killed all the white stelgaers (stronger than black stelgaers). After finishing with all the stelgaers combat mode finished and I could rest a take all the loot of those previous battles ;D

Edited by juanval

For some reason the game records those white stelgaers as attacking you even though they are still in the fog of war if you approach from the west.  When you talk to the dead stelgaer's spirit it states that he was with his pride which happen to be the black and white stelgaers.  So it seems he is still with his pride in death whom you have to defeat to end combat.

This only happens if you do not pick up the quest in Hearthsong first.

Edited by rnarchlord