[1.05] Winds of Steel - unable to finish quest

Narrin

Question

Hello, I have an issue with the "Winds of Steel" quest. The forge knights don't turn hostile upon coming back to Crucible Keep to report.

I'm returning to Commander Clyver after delivering the research to Aranroed in Anslög's Compass. You can see what happens on the screenshots below:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/53fx03dilwlzqci/AAC80e1FJ8hOPeTgjp4diXupa?dl=0

Forge Knights obviously killed everybody, battle music starts when entering the Crucible Keep, but the constructs still remain friendly. Commander is still alive, but doesn't want to speak until Forge Knights are dealt with. 

Leaving Crucible Keep cleans the bodies lying outside and the forge knight outside also disappears. 

Here is the save file:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v8n9k7kkpb56m5c/AAALOAHURiUgeDCWJ_8gZaO7a?dl=0

Can I manually turn them hostile and finish the quest? 

Thank you.

3 answers to this question

Thanks for the information, Narrin. I loaded up your save file, and while the Forge Knight outside was neutral (which is not supposed to happen), when I went inside, all of the Forge Knights were properly hostile. It is strange to see a difference such as this, so I made sure to inform the team about the issue as well as how it acted differently between our computers.

To proceed through the quest, I suggest clicking on the sword icon on the HUD, then clicking on a Forge Knight to initiate an attack manually. Make sure to do this to any neutral Forge Knights inside the Keep, and that should allow you to progress. I hope that helps. And keep up the great work!

Thank you for checking this and for your fantastic reply. I was so stunned that I forgot I can also use A / the sword icon - it works. I'm able to attack the first friendly knight outside and after killing him the ones inside turn hostile and the battle runs as it should.

If this happens anywhere else, I'll remember to check if attacking through the sword icon does the job. Or will just embrace the magic of friendship.