I really want to change Grieving Mother's Phantom Foes spell since it's a buggy PoS (yay). Any way to do this that doesn't have a good chance of making the game explode?

PS: They should add spell switching to ciphers during level up, obviously.

Edited by manageri

As far as spell switching goes you can switch wizards spells at any time depending on what spells have been learned.  With patch 1.05 you can have your party members start at level 1 without loss of experience and then you can choose spells and skills.  The priest spells are automatic as far as I know.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

I agree that they should add limited spell switching, like with sorcerers in NWN. Every level up, switch 1 spell on a chosen spell level, at least 1 lower than highest.

Yeah, as Nakia said, you can switch at any time if you've learned the spells. And if you have multiple Grimoires, you can have tons of spells locked and loaded if you take the time to arrange them with no repeats.

I agree that they should add limited spell switching, like with sorcerers in NWN. Every level up, switch 1 spell on a chosen spell level, at least 1 lower than highest.

Yeah, as Nakia said, you can switch at any time if you've learned the spells. And if you have multiple Grimoires, you can have tons of spells locked and loaded if you take the time to arrange them with no repeats.

Yeah, of course. I just assumed we where talking about ciphers and chanters here. Those that have to learn a "spell" for ALL ETERNITY and can NEVER in their entire life learn anything else EVER.

Yeah, of course. I just assumed we where talking about ciphers and chanters here. Those that have to learn a "spell" for ALL ETERNITY and can NEVER in their entire life learn anything else EVER.

Ah, good point. Although there are limited useful Chanter/Cipher spells anyway, so it's moot (but it could be very handy to get rid of something you took that turned out to be dog poo).

One way to deal with this is to keep some old save files from just before you level characters up, so that you can fall back if you find that you don't like a certain spell.  Of course, this probably does come with some risks, such as not necessarily getting the same random drops along the way, or any other number of things that might go differently.  And you should probably make up your mind fairly quickly on whether you like the spell or not since the longer you wait to decide, the more you'll have to do over.

I ended up using AddAbility and RemoveTalent (which works for abilities too) to switch it. Reducing XP didn't actually delevel a char.

One way to deal with this is to keep some old save files from just before you level characters up, so that you can fall back if you find that you don't like a certain spell.

Yes, or in this case, to see if it works at all. Of course doing this with every talent/spell/whatever would be incredibly draining and not fun.