So why did you kill everybody at Raedric's Castle?

I did it for the loot!!!!

After sneaking my way through first couple of times, in my third playthrough I went through the basement and assaulted the keep from the inside.  Found out I had forgotten to take supplies with me so I fought my way out the front gate to go shopping.  Great fun.

So what was your reason?

I didn't kill everyone.  I cleaned out the basement those guys are dead already and I'm doing them a favor.   I picked up the cat as a pet though.  I  then went back out and up the clock tower put on the Berath robe and got down to where Raedroc is and killed everyone there.  Nasty man.

Now if you had asked me why i killed everyone in the dungeon at Dyrford Village that was because of the loot.

• Like 2

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

I didn't. That place was difficult for my PC to make a decision about. He was clearly nuts and doing serious harm, but his priest made some good points about how he at least wanted the best and how the other guy would likely end up being a lot worse. I killed the undead in the basement, but I ended up leaving Raedric and his peeps alone and killing the other dude. Probably should have just killed them both.

"Forsooth, methinks you are no ordinary talking chicken!"

-Protagonist, Baldur's Gate

Well I guess now that I cleared it that the keeps netto worth after selling everything that I couldn't use is around 20.000 copper.  Now I can shop around in Defiance bay for the items that I need.

Sometimes I just love playing a greedy bastard, at least it is different from when I was playing a Paladin.

Edited by Razorchain

Would've been nice if this had more consequences, like killing less than 10-15 would result in Kolsc surviving the counter-attack, or the number of guards you kill effecting how much reputation you gain. I mean Gilded Vale is already suffering greatly and the loss of so many lives would leave the area unprotected, or whoevers in charge would have to spend a hefty sum of gold to hire new mercs.

• Like 1

Me, cause that's how I play RPG's... generally violently.

I do try to talk out-of-stuff, but in this instance, Raedric had to die... so, well, his guards went down with him.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Cleaned out the place completely, all three floors. I didn't want an insane religious fanatic with an army, a proven track of constant murders and a pet necromancer as a neighbor. And then I did in his cousin when he "just" happened to show up to claim the place without lifting a finger. I guess letting me do all the work didn't work out for him after all...  :fdevil:

• Like 4

Because he's an evil, crazy bastard who employes evil, crazy people and they all needed to go.

1) That.

2) Loot. It's too good not to meta-game.

3) Fampyr Raedric is hard enough without six bodyguards. Kill all of his future undead minions.

First time round, I climbed up the vines just to be contrarian, and then I ended up in the courtyard somehow, killing everybody. 

I didn't kill everyone.  I cleaned out the basement those guys are dead already and I'm doing them a favor.   I picked up the cat as a pet though.  I  then went back out and up the clock tower put on the Berath robe and got down to where Raedroc is and killed everyone there.  Nasty man.

Now if you had asked me why i killed everyone in the dungeon at Dyrford Village that was because of the loot.

Wow, I think you just described my playthrough word-for-word.

"Not I, though. Not I," said the hanging dwarf.

You mean there was an option not to kill them? :blink:

Of course not....I'm not going to give you a guilty conciense about all the people you didn't have to kill

Aww you're thoughtful! :cat:  I think it would be a bit difficult to not kill those that are attacking you anyway. They never even asked me why I was there in the first place. Rude.

• Like 1

Damn, that title made me feel guilty. :)

At first I wanted to get to Raedric in more sneaky way without killing much guards since I love stealth-based games + my main was rogue but then I had a need to explore every corner of the castle... So yeah... All dead. Not so stealthy.

I apologize for killing all guards in there I can't imagine all of them were morons like Raedric.

I slaughtered the worshippers of Berath to please Magran and impress Durance, but nothing happened.

Edited by luzarius

Having trouble with the games combat on POTD, Trial of Iron?

- Hurtin bomb droppin MONK - [MONK BUILD] - [CLICK HERE]

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

- Fighter Heavy Tank - [FIGHTER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

Anita Sarkeesian keeps Bioware's balls in a jar on her shelf.

Because he's an evil, crazy bastard who employes evil, crazy people and they all needed to go.

1) That.

2) Loot. It's too good not to meta-game.

3) Fampyr Raedric is hard enough without six bodyguards. Kill all of his future undead minions.

^This!

At this point in the overall story, you don't have much gold and killing everyone in Raedic's castle for the loot is the best way to get a quick infusion of gold into your pocket.  You don't even have to attack Raedic at this point.  You can make a deal with him to delay killing him until your party is stronger, while still getting a good strong infusion of XP.  Meta-gaming.  Yeah.  But effective.

In my past 2 parties, I let Raedic live and took out Kolsce.  This time, I did the same, but fully intend on going back to finish off Raedic when I feel that my party is up to the challenge.