Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is there a console command to increase the range of Paladin zealous auras?

paladin aura console

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

roller12

roller12

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 84 posts

I was genuinely confused about this.  If you have a priest in your party doesn't that make pally auras more or less useless?  They should at least stack, and have the same range as chanter verses to make them useful in a party.  I'm playing on potd and almost done with chapter 2, so far Kana can ot just as well as Pallegina, but seems a lot more useful and helpful.

i can see some points in having both

-Alpha strike, Paladin focus aura is an out of combat ability, so first shot is accurate. Priest cant do that. And by the looks of it, its a pretty strong ability.
-Speed, even after combat start Prist can do other abilities instead, like Interdiction, with accuracy already on, or spells.
-Flexibility, theory-crafting but since auras are infinite use, paladin could take them all, and change depending on situation defence/offence, and i think move speed aura stacks with Chanter, this could mean effective kiting, all ranged and just kite the heck off them, with 2 groups, one lures another shoots. Probably need more than 7.5 meters aura for that though.

Saving private Aloth.

Playing with modded auras much better, i like.

manageri

manageri

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 188 posts

If you have a priest in your party doesn't that make pally auras more or less useless?

Exactly. I'm using Pallegina as my tank so having the armor aura for her does help, since I don't need to use Durance's armor spell on her. However, if I was to use Pallegina as a dpser, then the obvious aura choise would be accuracy, but because it has such a pitiful radius I'd have to use bless anyway to cover the whole party. This makes auras very niche. Since they are basically non-stacking level 1 spells in terms of power, it would not be in any way OP to simply have them affect the whole party.

mazeltov

mazeltov

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 341 posts

If you have a priest in your party doesn't that make pally auras more or less useless?

Another testament to the failure of the Rest system to meaningfully restrict caster power.

scrotiemcb

scrotiemcb

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 253 posts

Well i went ahead and changed it myself so we can check, everything @18 int and the screenshots dont mention it, but also with the +10 aura increase ring. (cba to redo the screenshots)
removing it limited the range to just Eder on default range.

default range
attachicon.gifrange-x1.jpg

x2 range
attachicon.gifrange-x2.jpg

x3 range
attachicon.gifrange-x3.jpg

I think that changing all auras to 3m (like Zealous Charge, currently the other two are 2.5m) would do the trick. 20% more area for those two abilities. I am emphatically against an area doubling, because I do not believe Auras should be full-party buffs at all, but instead more like "subteam" or "splinter group" buffs.

Idleray

Idleray

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

A Pedroelm said before; Paladin auras are currently BUGGED: every time you save/load their range will increase until it is effectively INFINITE.

However, if this bug were to be fixed, you would still have a valid complaint: the aura ranges are ridiculously small atm.

Edited by Idleray, 12 May 2015 - 11:15 PM.

roller12

roller12

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 84 posts
I think they just didnt fully fix the inflated stats bug so some active effects are still permanently added to the character if saved with them on, that would include the auras and maybe some other things too, who knows, maybe thats why they say PotD is too easy.. im disabling every active effect before saving and so far have not experienced any range change.

Progressed to level 5, Inspiring Triumph and its not 10m either heh. Anyone actually using it?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: paladin, aura, console

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users