Is there a console command to increase the range of Paladin zealous auras?

Its like a self buff lol. I want to play a Diablo 2 auradin. (and by playing i mean have as much fun). Why would they limit the range on it so much, his unique shield has map-wide effect.

Speaking of which is saving with auras enabled still broken in 1.05? so far im turning everything off before quicksave.

Nope, no such command. That said, I agree with you; paladin aura ranges should be normalized and at least doubled, maybe even tripled.

Definitely not that much.

I definitely feel that Paladin auras should apply to your back line or your front line, but not both... unless you get two Paladins.

I definitely feel that Paladin auras should apply to your back line or your front line, but not both... unless you get two Paladins.

But it does already.. in form of priest spells. Paladin is a commander, but he cant even command his party, his shield does a better job on it.

Your INT can go higher than 18. But maybe your base INT, which is what the console command sets, can't? Try it. 

The boots Veyne mentioned should also help. But I don't know if that will get you to where you want it to be.

Nope, no such command. That said, I agree with you; paladin aura ranges should be normalized and at least doubled, maybe even tripled.

Definitely not that much.

I don't see why. If we average the auras and standardize the range, and then triple it, we're talking about a range of about 10m.

So not only do I feel that there's no inherent reason why it would be an "either/or"-issue regarding back-line vs. front-line, but we're not even talking about a massive change.

t50aJUd.jpg

Well i went ahead and changed it myself so we can check, everything @18 int and the screenshots dont mention it, but also with the +10 aura increase ring. (cba to redo the screenshots)

removing it limited the range to just Eder on default range.

default range

post-140247-0-66535400-1431427332_thumb.jpg

x2 range

post-140247-0-60518800-1431427345_thumb.jpg

x3 range

post-140247-0-53475700-1431427359_thumb.jpg

Definitely not x3 range.  I would have no problem with having the default range stay the same and instead gaining talents that you can take to increase it's range or effect.

• Like 2

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Well i went ahead and changed it myself so we can check, everything @18 int and the screenshots dont mention it, but also with the +10 aura increase ring. (cba to redo the screenshots)

default range

attachicon.gifrange-x1.jpg

x2 range

attachicon.gifrange-x2.jpg

x3 range

attachicon.gifrange-x3.jpg

Given that 18 Intellect increases ranges by almost 50%, the test should be done at 10. Also, it'd be better if you actually measured with in-game markers, not.. Paint.

With almost +50% range, I actually think that that looks pretty damn reasonable.

Unless I'm mistaken, the default range of Zealous Focus (the one you're trying; I had to check your log to make sure) is 2,5m. Meaning that your first circle is supposed to be just short of 3,7m.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

this is not done in Paint, those are real, i measured with aura symbols on characters. yep the Paladin feats are varying between 2.5 and 5m.. Maybe i should set them to all to 7.5m (x3) or 6m maybe, bringing standardization too. or just double/triple everything, thus preserving the original relation.

Definitely not x3 range.  I would have no problem with having the default range stay the same and instead gaining talents that you can take to increase it's range or effect.

hmm, x2.5 maybe? Im not that far in the game yet to judge. (act 1)

this is not done in Paint, those are real, i measured with aura symbols on characters. yep the Paladin feats are varying between 2.5 and 5m.. Maybe i should set them to all to 7.5m (x3) or 6m maybe, bringing standardization too. or just double/triple everything, thus preserving the original relation.

If you didn't draw those in Paint, I have no idea what you used, but it looks like Paint. :lol:

Either way, standardizing them to 10m remains my standing suggestion.

t50aJUd.jpg

Yes, perhaps a modest radius increase tacked onto Aura-enhancing class Talents. Currently only ZFocus has such a Talent (Critical Focus), but the others Auras should have one too.

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

Honestly if you have it go much more than x2 then you might as well not even have a range and just have it affect your party all the time regardless of distance.  I feel that there has to be some drawback for going too far from the paladin.  This is my opinion as a decent aura range, not factoring how intelligence affects it's range, assume I am talking about a paladin that has invested some points into intelligence to be an affective aura-dude.

Yes, perhaps a modest radius increase tacked onto Aura-enhancing class Talents. Currently only ZFocus has such a Talent (Critical Focus), but the others Auras should have one too.

Yeah, I feel there should be more talents that affect how auras works in addition to the ones that actually give you an aura.  Like how you get talents for changing how Divine Favour works for Priests.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

I think the bug, if at all, only triggers when you save with an aura, so im saving w/o, no ill effects so far. In any case i couldnt manage to do 10m auras, too difficult, but here are 5meters (twice the size) and 7.5meters(x3 size), instead. Unified. Paladin Aura Mod. Just copy files into the appropriate folder. Override folder doesnt seem to be working, i wonder why it is there.

The boosted auras are zealous focus, critical focus, zealous endurance and zealous charge. Its still less than maximum weapon range, (or maybe it isnt!, but i have to eat sometimes). Tested, everything works.

If you didn't draw those in Paint, I have no idea what you used, but it looks like Paint. laughing.gif

Okok i got better with Paint too :D

post-140247-0-50327400-1431439344_thumb.jpg

Edited by roller12

Yeah, the range of auras is ridiculous. More like odors. Don't see why it can't just be basically visual range or so, it's not like the aura buffs are game changing when they don't even stack with anything.

I was genuinely confused about this.  If you have a priest in your party doesn't that make pally auras more or less useless?  They should at least stack, and have the same range as chanter verses to make them useful in a party.  I'm playing on potd and almost done with chapter 2, so far Kana can ot just as well as Pallegina, but seems a lot more useful and helpful.

Edited by ciphrus

I was genuinely confused about this.  If you have a priest in your party doesn't that make pally auras more or less useless?  They should at least stack, and have the same range as chanter verses to make them useful in a party.  I'm playing on potd and almost done with chapter 2, so far Kana can ot just as well as Pallegina, but seems a lot more useful and helpful.

i can see some points in having both

-Alpha strike, Paladin focus aura is an out of combat ability, so first shot is accurate. Priest cant do that. And by the looks of it, its a pretty strong ability.

-Speed, even after combat start Prist can do other abilities instead, like Interdiction, with accuracy already on, or spells.

-Flexibility, theory-crafting but since auras are infinite use, paladin could take them all, and change depending on situation defence/offence, and i think move speed aura stacks with Chanter, this could mean effective kiting, all ranged and just kite the heck off them, with 2 groups, one lures another shoots. Probably need more than 7.5 meters aura for that though.

Saving private Aloth.

Playing with modded auras much better, i like.

If you have a priest in your party doesn't that make pally auras more or less useless?

Exactly. I'm using Pallegina as my tank so having the armor aura for her does help, since I don't need to use Durance's armor spell on her. However, if I was to use Pallegina as a dpser, then the obvious aura choise would be accuracy, but because it has such a pitiful radius I'd have to use bless anyway to cover the whole party. This makes auras very niche. Since they are basically non-stacking level 1 spells in terms of power, it would not be in any way OP to simply have them affect the whole party.

If you have a priest in your party doesn't that make pally auras more or less useless?

Another testament to the failure of the Rest system to meaningfully restrict caster power.

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

default range

range-x1.jpg

x2 range

range-x2.jpg

x3 range

range-x3.jpg

I think that changing all auras to 3m (like Zealous Charge, currently the other two are 2.5m) would do the trick. 20% more area for those two abilities. I am emphatically against an area doubling, because I do not believe Auras should be full-party buffs at all, but instead more like "subteam" or "splinter group" buffs.

A Pedroelm said before; Paladin auras are currently BUGGED: every time you save/load their range will increase until it is effectively INFINITE.

However, if this bug were to be fixed, you would still have a valid complaint: the aura ranges are ridiculously small atm.

Edited by Idleray