Xaurip may be one of the races in POE2?

Fampyr companion

I know that this was sarcasm but BG2:EE actually *had* a vampire companion. And it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be (from a writing point of view... she was hilariously overpowered from a gameplay perspective).

Man I really need to finish my ToB playthrough to get to her epilogue...

And who doesn't like some hot afro-vamp girl-on-girl action complete with bloodsucking.

...That was unintentional...

Edited by Zwiebelchen

Vithrack isn't the weirdest. Obsidian's NWN2 xpacks had One-Of-Many, basically an unholy amalgam of various tortured souls in a giant divine furnace that was chaotic evil schizophrenia at its best. 

sure!! and there will be a new kind of npc too, who will throw a piece of meat to the player and the player will drop his weapon and eat if he is playing as a xaurip without any companion around. and of course, the weapon he drop will be lost permanently  :yes:

Vithrack isn't the weirdest. Obsidian's NWN2 xpacks had One-Of-Many, basically an unholy amalgam of various tortured souls in a giant divine furnace that was chaotic evil schizophrenia at its best.

If one companion gets the unique snowflake treatment, all of them should, and at that point, none of them are weird. There would be a fundamental difference between a One-of-Many in a party with a Male Dream-Hag and a Half-Celestial, and a Vithrack in a group of mundanes. It stands out, it's jarring and it's weird. It feels wrong.

Fampyr companion

I know that this was sarcasm but BG2:EE actually *had* a vampire companion. And it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be (from a writing point of view... she was hilariously overpowered from a gameplay perspective).

Man I really need to finish my ToB playthrough to get to her epilogue...

And who doesn't like some hot afro-vamp girl-on-girl action complete with bloodsucking.

...That was unintentional...

BG2:EE is basically a bad mod of BG2. Nothing more, nothing less. It's par for the course for such mods to have non-standard amounts of focused writing, jarring additions that stands out as sore thumbs, and mary-sue-esque overpowered characters with snowflake abilities only they have.

Edited by Luckmann
  • Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg