Macedonian conflict (Ukraine Redux)

Sarex

As no one has started a thread on this, I was interested in how much people were informed on this topic and their thoughts. As far as I see, mum's the word in the western media. Even if the conflict is mentioned, terrorism is a big no, no word. For someone countries who have such a raging hard on for anti-terrorism, things are surprisingly quiet.

Here is my opinion on the matter. The Greece minister of energetic has told the Americans to **** off as far as the Russian south pipeline is concerned, and now the pressure is put on Macedonia to get rid of the pro Russian government and put an end to the pipeline. What I predict is likely to happen is another federalization, ie. splitting it up to Macedonia and Albania-Version4.

This really proves how powerless Europe is when the interests of America are at stake.

All in all things are getting scary.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

What was it? About 20 armed insurgents or so? Too little to tell anything yet.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

50 were identified as far as I'm hearing and there were trained at that. They were smuggled from Kosovo and put in to hiding in the city until the conflict started. This was no armature hour operation and the scary thing is that there was one suicide bomber.

Oh, now it gets interesting since Macedonia is aligned with russian interests. I would be surprised if the Serbs suddenly start showing interest in..."removing kebab" as they say.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Oh, now it gets interesting since Macedonia is aligned with russian interests. I would be surprised if the Serbs suddenly start showing interest in..."removing kebab" as they say.

Not much chance of that happening as we were pretty much neutered after Bosnia, also there is a reason Bondsteel is there. Though I think(hope) we are still strong enough to protect ourselves. Things will get messy fast if they get stupid enough to go over the border in to Serbia.

Edited by Sarex

Can someone draw me a chart of the Balkans with all the salient countries, religions, minority groups, puppet spheres of influence, and how it all ties together with Tito, Petrovic, Divac, Milosevic, and the Ottoman Empire? Thanks.

Signed,

A concerned basketball fan.

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Can someone draw me a chart of the Balkans with all the salient countries, religions, minority groups, puppet spheres of influence, and how it all ties together with Tito, Petrovic, Divac, Milosevic, and the Ottoman Empire? Thanks.

Signed,

A concerned basketball fan.

LoL, we don't even know that. That should tell you all you need to know about how much things are ****ed up, and how many fingers are pulling the strings.

• Like 1

Not much chance of that happening as we were pretty much neutered after Bosnia, also there is a reason Bondsteel is there. Though I think(hope) we are still strong enough to protect ourselves. Things will get messy fast if they get stupid enough to go over the border in to Serbia.

From what i've heard of the Balkans, nothing is really off the table....well except for Slovenia to start invading anyone.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

All bets are off if they start sending suicide bombers to our cities, though I don't think that will happen. This is pretty much what everyone is scared off here.

Just checked the news, there's little to nothing about this in the local headlines. So i checked the foreign news section. Nope, not even mentioned. But they did mention in the bottom of the page that outdated frozen raspberries killed three people in an eldery home in Sweden.

At least as of a scando-land perspective, nothing's happened, move along.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

50 were identified as far as I'm hearing and there were trained at that. They were smuggled from Kosovo and put in to hiding in the city until the conflict started. This was no armature hour operation and the scary thing is that there was one suicide bomber.

Finnish news say that there are 30 people that got charged for terrorism from which 18 was Kosovo's Albanians, because of last weekends violence. They also mention that 22 people got killed in clashes that lasted over day, and it is mentioned that 8 of the dead were police officers.

Clashes said happened in Kumanovo, which is stated to have Albanian majority population. And it is also mentioned that Macedonia's opposition suspects that violence was orchestrated by Macedonian government that wants people to forgot accusations that are lay against them. Accusations were that government had wiretapped 20.000 people, that includes judges, journalists, polices, foreign diplomats and religious leaders. It is mentioned that government deny accusations and blames foreign spy for wiretapping the people.

It is mentioned that Kosovo's government condemns actions of their citizens. 

It is mentioned that prime minister of Macedonia says that group has battle experience from Middle East. And that group planed attacks against governmental offices.

It is mentioned that there was no civilian casualties or injured civilians.

It is mentioned that group was armed with assault rifles, grenades, RPGs. And it is mentioned that fights destroyed at least 10 houses completely and several other houses got damaged.

Edited by Elerond

Finnish news say that there are 30 people that got charged for terrorism from which 18 was Kosovo's Albanians, because of last weekends violence. They also mention that 22 people got killed in clashes that lasted over day, and it is mentioned that 8 of the dead were police officers.

Where? hs.fi didn't have anything...

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Links go to pages that are written in Finnish.

http://yle.fi/uutiset/makedonia_vangitsi_30_viikonlopun_tulitaistelun_jaljilta/7987268

http://www.ts.fi/uutiset/ulkomaat/769176/Makedoniassa+30lle+syytteet+terrorismista+enemmisto+kosovolaisia

http://www.mtv.fi/uutiset/ulkomaat/artikkeli/makedoniassa-30-sai-syytteen-terrorismista/5078670

HS.fi don't have article about charges, but they have couple about violence

http://www.hs.fi/ulkomaat/a1431226600002

http://www.hs.fi/ulkomaat/a1431139450753

http://www.hs.fi/ulkomaat/a1431223019024

Edited by Elerond
  • Like 1

Links go to pages that are written in Finnish.

http://yle.fi/uutiset/makedonia_vangitsi_30_viikonlopun_tulitaistelun_jaljilta/7987268

http://www.ts.fi/uutiset/ulkomaat/769176/Makedoniassa+30lle+syytteet+terrorismista+enemmisto+kosovolaisia

http://www.mtv.fi/uutiset/ulkomaat/artikkeli/makedoniassa-30-sai-syytteen-terrorismista/5078670

HS.fi don't have article about charges, but they have couple about violence

http://www.hs.fi/ulkomaat/a1431226600002

http://www.hs.fi/ulkomaat/a1431139450753

http://www.hs.fi/ulkomaat/a1431223019024

Elerond !!!!

No one speaks Finnish on these forums...you know that , that language is just impossible to understand  :shrugz:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Is Israel involved in any way?

If no, the US won't do ****.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Elerond !!!!

No one speaks Finnish on these forums...you know that , that language is just impossible to understand  shrugnz9.gif

Here advanced course to spoken Finnish...

CEpvGYWUUAI9mU2.jpg

happy0203.gif happy0203.gif happy0203.gif happy0203.gif

* Links were meant to only for Meshugger who in my knowledge knows Finnish and lives in Finland, which is why he referenced largest Finnish Newspaper , when he said that he didn't find any news about the conflict. 

** Also i made English summary of those news in my post before those links

*** Sorry the of topic

• Like 5

Elerond !!!!

No one speaks Finnish on these forums...you know that , that language is just impossible to understand  shrugnz9.gif

CEpvGYWUUAI9mU2.jpg

* Links were meant to only for Meshugger who in my knowledge knows Finnish and lives in Finland, which is why he referenced largest Finnish Newspaper , when he said that he didn't find any news about the conflict. 

*** Sorry the of topic

You are a good guy Elerond, I like you  :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Is Israel involved in any way?

Greece is the closest thing Israel has to a real ally in its neighbourhood.

Though their common interests mostly amount to defending their claims on the Mediterranean Sea & its offshore gas fields against increasingly-imperialistic Turkey.

So unless Turkey gets involved in Macedonia, I very much doubt Israel will either.

Edited by Ineth

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

Elerond !!!!

CEpvGYWUUAI9mU2.jpg

*** Sorry the of topic

Finland needs to abolish finnish and change it back to the swedish like the one Snellman talked. Just like God intended. 

Finnish can be a curiosity like Gaelic. 

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Elerond !!!!

CEpvGYWUUAI9mU2.jpg

*** Sorry the of topic

Finland needs to abolish finnish and change it back to the swedish like the one Snellman talked. Just like God intended. 

@ Meshugger 

Do you and Elerond both live in Helsinki?

John Milton 

Elerond !!!!

CEpvGYWUUAI9mU2.jpg

*** Sorry the of topic

@ Meshugger 

Do you and Elerond both live in Helsinki?

I currently live in Tampere, which is third biggest city in Finland that locates bit under 200km north from Helsinki. I don't have any knowledge where Meshugger lives, but from his suggestion I would guess that he lives somewhere where those some demon language (Swedish) speaking bättre folk (Swedish speaking Finns) live.  :dancing:  :dancing:

• Like 1

I was waiting for someone here to post some links for context, but I guess there are no such links in English-speaking media. I went to try and find a summary and mostly failed (my Google-Fu is weak :().

WARNING: strong anti-United Statian slant. Viewer discretion is advised.

http://thesaker.is/special-report-on-the-escalating-situation-in-macedonia/

I'm... quite confused after reading that. Apparently the author thinks ultimately it's the US doing... something, for... reasons. This mirrors Sarex' tone in the OP, so I guess it's a common view in the Balkans? I'm literally clueless as to what's going on. Some clarification, please?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I was waiting for someone here to post some links for context, but I guess there are no such links in English-speaking media. I went to try and find a summary and mostly failed (my Google-Fu is weak :().

I'm... quite confused after reading that. Apparently the author thinks ultimately it's the US doing... something, for... reasons. This mirrors Sarex' tone in the OP, so I guess it's a common view in the Balkans? I'm literally clueless as to what's going on. Some clarification, please?

I'm going to be honest and say I don't know, I watch 4 major international news channels and only CNN mentioned it briefly...which is weird because normally this type of story is on Al-Jazeera at least...it may be now so I will check 

John Milton 

I'm going to be honest and say I don't know, I watch 4 major international news channels and only CNN mentioned it briefly...which is weird because normally this type of story is on Al-Jazeera at least...it may be now so I will check 

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32695909

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32686628

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32680904

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32679984

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/may/11/macedonia-violence-nikola-gruevski-government

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/may/10/macedonia-police-alleged-armed-group-balkans-kumanovo

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/05/10/macedonia-police-idUSL5N0Y00LP20150510

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/05/11/us-macedonia-crisis-storm-idUSKBN0NW19120150511

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/world/europe/article4436829.ece

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/11/world/europe/macedonia-22-killed-as-police-and-militants-clash.html

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_MACEDONIA_SHOOTINGS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1235381

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/05/09/macedonia-3-police-officers-dead-20-injured-in-clashes-with-armed-group-in-city/

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/05/nato-eu-call-calm-macedonia-150510182019133.html

http://www.wsj.com/articles/macedonia-clashes-leave-eight-police-officers-14-gunmen-dead-1431267177

http://www.wsj.com/articles/eu-nato-u-n-call-for-calm-in-macedonia-1431365446

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/5-police-killed-clash-armed-group-macedonia-n356616

• Like 3