What's bigger Star Forge or Death Star

Wich one is bigger the Star Forge or the Death Star? :blink:  I think the they are about the same.

are you meaning in overall size? or what?

in size I would say the death star is the bigger of the two because it was suppost to be the size of a small moon.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Yeah in overall size.

I still think they are about the same though go to the movies section of kotor and if you beat it on lightside once there should be a movie af republic ships destroying it and looks frigen massive

I never thought of that really but I guess you could be right on the fact of them being the same size. I just kinda figured that because it was mentioned that the death star was "the size of a small moon" that it would be the bigger of the two, But when I think of it, in the cut scene before you crash on the surface of the unknown world it looks to be almost the same size as the star below it so who knows maybe the star forge is the bigger.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I think it's way bigger then the death star. In the cuscene u can see it in comparison to a star, though a tiny speck in comparison, the fact that u can see it at such range in comparison to a star means it is massive. I think they weren't all too conscerned with scale while making the cutscenes though, the size seems to change with each cutscene. Though I'm going with the one where it is compared to a star.

Speaking of which, wouldn't building a factory right over a star just get you lots of melted ships? :rolleyes:

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Yep, the Death Star was "the size of a small moon"

For the people that are saying that the are the same size you guys might need your eyes checked or something.

As you can clearly see the Star forge is extreamly larger, (unless the Ratakan sun was a dwarf star) Planets are by no means as large as a star, not to mention "small moon"

This assumution is using planatey scale..........

Wich one is bigger the Star Forge or the Death Star? :rolleyes:  I think the they are about the same.

Death Star by far

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Speaking of which, wouldn't building a factory right over a star just get you lots of melted ships?  :)

It can be explain with an ease: They used the force dude! the force!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Speaking of which, wouldn't building a factory right over a star just get you lots of melted ships?  :unsure:

It can be explain with an ease: They used the force dude! the force!

Yep. 'The Force.' Full title: 'The Force which allows us to explain away plot implausibilities.'

A full-scale battle taking place that close to a star would be rather inconclusive since both sides would be vaporized in seconds.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Wich one is bigger the Star Forge or the Death Star? :unsure:  I think the they are about the same.

The Star Forge is clearly bigger then the Death Star. The Death Star is, as stated by others, the size of a small moon. As stated by others the Star Forge is visible near a sun, which would mean it is massive almost being the size of a planet. Plus the Death Star did not posses the ability to produce massive fleets, and I question if it had the ability to house as many massive warships as the Star Forge. The SF seemed quite capable of housing hundreds if not thousands of super sized warships.

the darn thing that every one calls a "star" I think its the power of the dark side or some thing if you didn't notice the fire like stuff went in side the star forge... and malak (sp?) said it feeds on the dark side.

you can see the death star from the grond of endor.So i think the death star is bigger.

the darn thing that every one calls a "star" I think its the power of the dark side or some thing if you didn't notice the fire like stuff went in side the star forge... and malak (sp?) said it feeds on the dark side.

you can see the death star from the grond of endor.So i think the death star is bigger.

That's a star and you can't "see" the force....only feel it's power..... You really need to replay the game an pay attation to the story..........

This is for all the special pepole out there

The Star Forge was an enormous space-station/factory that harnessed the power of an entire star. Within its hull was a vast, intricate network of automated machines designed to mass-produce weaponry, droids, and starships. However, it was more than merely a metal construct. Its shadowed cavities were infused with the dark side of Force, endowing it with evil, breathing life.

Source Starwars.com

That's a star and you can't "see" the force....only feel it's power..... You really need to replay the game an pay attation to the story..........

This is for all the special pepole out there

The Star Forge was an enormous space-station/factory that harnessed the power of an entire star. Within its hull was a vast, intricate network of automated machines designed to mass-produce weaponry, droids, and starships. However, it was more than merely a metal construct. Its shadowed cavities were infused with the dark side of Force, endowing it with evil, breathing life.

Source Starwars.com

that source didnt work and if you look at the dialog do the find option you wont find the word "star" any where(about this topic). I didnt see the sf any were on the panet. I "think" the ds is biger, and i beat the game at least 3 times :p ... and www.starwars.com is known to add more stuff than in the game. Which might be true or might not.

A small moon could not be seen in comparison to a star, whereas the star forge can be seen. The energy u see entering at the bottom is (coming to that energy sphere which is brightly seen in comparison to the star, this orb or whatever one would call it is small in comparison to teh star forge) actualy stellar matter/energy which is being absorbed to produce ships, it is outside the corona of the star and apears to have sheilding, as do the ships, which likely prevent them from damage that would be caused by being so close to the corona of the star.

I think the designers of the game weren't concerned with scale enough, the ship sizes change constantly. As for the death star being visible from endor, thats because it was directly above it, ofcourse they could see it, the star forge however is orbiting the Star, which is WAY further away then the death star was from endor. And the star forge is still visible from that distance

Good point. I was thinking of the Star Forge in relation to the opposing battleships fighting in front of it at the end scenes, in which the Star Forge looks sort of the same scale as the second Death Star in the space battle scenes in Return of the Jedi. I'd forgotten about what it looked like on first arrival into the system.

The Star Forge appears to be closer to the size of a planet. Blimey. :)

You can see the Star Forge from the ground of the unknown world.

I don't recall doing that in KotOR, were was it most apparent?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy