Eder Quest Halted at Cliaban Rilag (Readceran Standard Looted Early?)

LinkOnFire

Question

I cleared Cliaban Rilag and during the clear I came across a campsite and grabbed the Readceran Standard in a tent. Now, that I've come back with Eder in an attempt to progress in his quest, I cannot. The two looters did spawn and they had the discussion, but afterwards the tent was still empty. It seems the game expected you to loot the standard with Eder in the party, and by getting it early the proper flag cannot trigger.

The standard is in my stash under quest items as well. Am I missing a way of interacting with it? I've also looked ahead and it seems I need a cipher to examine the standard, but I've been to Dunyrd Row, and talked to the Grieving Mother and neither presents an option to investigate it (presumably because the quest flag hasn't been triggered)

Any suggestions?

It was looted after the transition to 1.05 so putting that out there as well.

Savegame file:

http://www.filedropper.com/db861402c72246f3b05144c61ce3c1ca18466493clabanrilag

(I don't have dropbox)

LinkOnFire_Specs.txt

output_log.txt

7 answers to this question

I did this in 1.03 or 1.04 and I could loot it again. I'm just going to say you're not missing any way of interacting with it - Edér reacts the moment you loot it.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Well, I've gone and completed most of the game now. The only thing I have left are the companion quests/bounties. However, I still cannot trigger Eder's quest. I guess I'll just complete the game as is. A little disappointing though. Hopefully it can be fixed by the time the expansion arrives.

Hey LinkOnFire,

I went ahead and reported this issue and added it in our database, the appropriate department will look into this.  But for now, the only workaround for this issue is to use the console command cheats (keep in mind, this will disable gaining achievements) and add the item to your inventory and it will trigger the quest.

Thank you for your patience.

LinkOnFire,

Just thought I would mention, I just went to the records room on my way to the animancy hearings. As a result, I couldn't go to Cliaban Rilag until Defiance Bay was in flames. That being said, when I picked up the Readceran Standard the quest triggered with Grieving Mother as the cipher and my main character. Do you have Grieveing Mother in your party?