Transfer character to next game in series?

I was wondering if there has been any discussion about being able to transfer our characters to the next game in the series (after the expansion(s) ) much like Wizardry 7 allowed with Wizardry 8.  I know it would be down the road quite some time if it were to happen but thought it would be kind of neat.   I will keep my save just in case ;-)

I don't think it's possible for now since the game didn't create a end game save when you finish it.

If you look inside your save folder, there is a save labeled gamecomplete.savegame. It isn't visible from the game menu, but I suspect that if they were to continue your PCs story in an expansion/sequel, it would be reading from that.

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

If those hacks at Bioware can handle it....

• Like 1

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Josh mentioned that PoE would be a mid-level adventure in order to allow for sequels without having to meddle with prestige classes. I might not be too surprised if Part 3 starts us with a new character (or another incarnation of this one), but I will be disappointed if the expansion or immediate sequel does.

Josh mentioned that PoE would be a mid-level adventure in order to allow for sequels without having to meddle with prestige classes. I might not be too surprised if Part 3 starts us with a new character (or another incarnation of this one), but I will be disappointed if the expansion or immediate sequel does.

So PoE does want to incorporate multi-classing (or at least special classing). Hm.

Does or does not? I got the impression that he does not.

"There is a long journey ahead of you."

With this ending line alone, I think we're going to have a BG-style saga where you get to import/use your character in future expansions/sequels.

Edited by Veynn
  • Like 1

Personally, I'm still hoping that any sequels will be stand-alone and thus, no, not include character transfer.

I could still see save transfers, though, in that some things that you did in the first game is alluded to in the sequels or other games in the series.

t50aJUd.jpg

How hard is it to make a simple boolean flag accessible from one platform/software to another?

Having trouble with the games combat on POTD, Trial of Iron?

- Hurtin bomb droppin MONK - [MONK BUILD] - [CLICK HERE]

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

- Fighter Heavy Tank - [FIGHTER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

Anita Sarkeesian keeps Bioware's balls in a jar on her shelf.