Losing Items issue 100% reproductivity

Chessbrain

Question

So, to reproduce this issue you must just load save file: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fhu7ald5lcffrpi/a8cc140a-4f47-437a-830c-928a63ac2ca5%20quicksave.savegame?dl=0

And go to the 1st level of Od Nua dungeon. What will happen? My custom character loses his both weapons and cloack. Kana loses potion.

Important note: I am not sure why thats happens but... all that things that disappear previously belonged to my other custom companion which dies in buttle with Maerwald on that exact level. So i just strip them from comp dead body and put it on other my comps and next time i go on 1st Od Nua level issue occur.

Edited by Chessbrain

3 answers to this question

So i tested that bug a little. Turns out that it is not bound to certain character or location. Basically if any of your companions (handmade or plot) get killed permanently and you take items from dead companion body and distribute those items to the rest of your party, next time you visit location where death took place you just lose all that distributed items. No matter wear you those items or keep it in your pack or stash.

Note: There is no workaround other then just sell it or put it in some chest like treasury for the time your party visit "bad" location.

Edited by Chessbrain
  • Like 1

So, to reproduce this issue you must just load save file: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fhu7ald5lcffrpi/a8cc140a-4f47-437a-830c-928a63ac2ca5%20quicksave.savegame?dl=0

And go to the 1st level of Od Nua dungeon. What will happen? My custom character loses his both weapons and cloack. Kana loses potion.

Important note: I am not sure why thats happens but... all that things that disappear previously belonged to my other custom companion which dies in buttle with Maerwald on that exact level. So i just strip them from comp dead body and put it on other my comps and next time i go on 1st Od Nua level issue occur.

Hi Chessbrain,

I was able to reproduce the bug as you described it. Thanks for reporting this issue.

• Like 2

Got a bug :cat:?? Help us squish it!

• In your report Include your *save file* (C:\Users\YourNameHere\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity) and ...
  • PC: *output_log.txt* (In your PillarsOfEternity_Data folder)
  • Mac/Linux: *Player.log* (In your Unity folder)

• Thank you for your help!