The Hermit of Hadret House (bug?)

Cr33g

Question

Hey everyone.

I bought Pillars of Eternity from Steam about a month ago and I'm almost fifty hours into the game. I'm loving it, however I've come across what I think is a bug that has hindered my progress. :(

In the quest "The Hermit of Hadret House", I've been asked by Lady Webb to join one of the three factions of Defiance Bay as a representative to go to that animancy hearing. I only did one quest for the Dozens, I did nothing for those other guys (forget their names) and I did all the quests for the Crucible Knights and became an honorary member of that faction. I spoke to the leader and he said that I could go to the hearing on the Crucible Knights' behalf and my journal entry has stated the same thing.

Unfortunately when I return to Lady Webb to give her an update on the situation, the only dialogue option I get is that I've burned all the bridges to the three factions and cannot get any of their help. Lady Webb can still help me but... it's the least ideal situation as I would prefer to do this through the Knights.

I've heard others are experiencing similar issues. The recent big patch doesn't seem to rectify this. Is there a fix or any way to resolve this? Sadly, I can't explore any more of the game until I go through with this mission (I read some spoilers online that in order to further progress my travels, I have to finish this quest).

Thoughts? 

• Like 1

Quest seems bugged for me too.  After talking to her about the Leaden Key's activities in 'Through Hell's Gate' it immediatley updates my journal saying I cannot gain favour of the 3 factions and that I should talk to Lady Webb but she offers no new dialogue choices.  Can't move forward with the game at all.

Patch did work for me. Not sure if it works retroactively, but playing a new game I was able to get the invite from the Crucible Knights. First got information that I need an invite before doing Winds of Steel, but not sure if that makes a difference. 

6ej155.jpg

Worked for me, too. Just loaded the save I posted before, where the journal said I had the Knights' approval and have to talk to lady Webb. She immediately gave me the appropriate dialog option.

I have patch 1.06 and the issue is that I can't gain enough faction with the any of the factions. There is no option to select burned all bridges. The donnells faction is a total loss as I ended up killing everyone in the house. For some reason I didn't get the Winds of Steel quest after completing the previous quest.

Edited by eastbayrae

Only the dead have seen the end of war.