Urdel and Gurdel are completely overpowered

Don't get me wrong, I love that chant and I love that there are two ogres, not just one. But they are totally overpowered. I can beat any enemy or group of enemies in the game, as long as Kana is alive. I came into the same situation many times: The whole group is dead, just Kana is alive, but he has reached the 5th phase of his chanting. He casts two ogres, the enemies, as dumb as they are, attack the ogres. Doesn't matter how strong the enemies are: In the moment when the second ogre dies, Kana has reached 5th chanting phase again and so on. I don't want to exploit that thing, but what shall I do? Everyone is dead and Kana can't do anything else. Shall I reload, just because I think it is unfair to use the ogres? In any other fight I avoid using Urdel and Gurdel as much as possible.

I really want to use that chant and I want it to be two ogres, but they should either be weaker, disappear more quickly or have any other drawback. Or maybe it should be a higher level chant. But I just reached twin elms and finfished the whole Endless path, are there a lot of harder enemies in the game?

Edited by Lord_Mord

---

We're all doomed

No, you are pretty much right. It is a pretty damn overpowered invocation compared to a lot of the other stuff. Should be brought down a bit in my opinion.

Obviously it should still be powerful as getting up to 5 chants should be a "reward" but yeah... They could be less powerful.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I agree with a poster above. If you don't like how overpowered something is, then you have the option of not using it.

In Baldur's Gate, out of all the fancy spells that are available, sleep is the most overpowered spell. It's level 1 and you can change the course of any battle to your favor by spamming it. You don't have to worry about limited resources because you have an unlimited amount of rests to refill your spell slots.

You can spam your wands too. Just use it until your heart's content and then sell it to a vendor only to buy it back fully charged. Sure, its expensive, but there are respawning enemies (Ankhegs) that drop valuable loot that fetch a good amount of coin. So spam away! Hell, you can spam wand of monster summoning and never lift a finger for a lot of fights.

My point is this, there are always going to be things that are powerful (even too powerful) within a cRPG that players will creatively find a way to use (even exploit). But the solution isn't to nerf everything that performs this way. If you are not having fun, then change the way you play. There is a reason why there are higher difficulty levels, and according to another poster above, the ogres may wreck in the normal difficulty level but they are rendered useless at higher difficulties.

Exercise your options and play the way you want to play. 

Why all of sudden everyone ask for nerfing something down?

If you don't like that chant, don't use it or, don't select it at all.

I duuno, looks like they want a balanced game since well they patch in tweaks to the system. Easy should be Easy. Normal should be Normal. Hard Hard. And PotD not your first play-through.

Edited by Horrorscope

That's true, but it will take some time until they improve the AI, I think.

To the above posters: As I said, I like the chant (Summoning ogres is cool), I want to use it and just want it to be not totally overpowered. There are other AI problems that are easily exploitable, but I can ignore them and change my style of play. But in that case, it is a question of using the chant, or not. That's inacceptable.

I'm playing on hard. That should be enough to expect a normal fight. The game should not be imbalanced on every difficulty except PotD.

Personally I came to the conclusion, that the ogres should have a shorter livespan. Not be weaker, just disappear after some time.

Making it a higher level chant (even in the expansion) would also be OK for me.

Or maybe it's one stronger siamese ogre :)

---

We're all doomed