post-142412-0-90396600-1431230262_thumb.jpg

Hi guys, please see my Pally character sheet info and give your comments. I'm building my pally as a front-line off tank with heavy armour and two handed greatsword.

How are my stats distribution? Did I gimped my Con too much?

Edited by Evange

Con seems fine, same for most of the other stats.

Personal preference is to bump up MIG and DEX, and lower PER a little bit.  Paladins have pretty good defenses next to other classes besides fighter, even without using a shield or similar.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/77712-class-build-dracozzi-paladini-aka-the-pc-paladin/

^Old thread of what I posted.  Pretty effective for all of Act 1, though as others have stated, I found them pretty... lackluster? or maybe the support part was not needed at higher levels when in  a group, so ironically, the paladin is best solo.

I'd prolly dump PER to the minimum, but that's me not having too much issue with them with a moon godlike having self heals.  They also don't have much +interrupt stuff unless you count using a heavier weapon, but even then, YMMV.  Defenses are fine with max RES instead which helps vs interrupts which are ANNOYING in melee (ranged characters are okay without RES from my playing them, but even then, they benefit from having some).

As paladins dont get much +dmg besides the lash effect from Flames of Devotion, its actually best to have some more MIG with those points.

DEX is optional, I just had this weird idea if I did need to dps with my paladin, I'd rather swing faster, but many of their effects are instant cast so the small animation frame speed up is unnecessary.

Hope you enjoy!

Thanks Moxy, I went with your suggestion. I'm in Gilded Vale now and I realised that Pally's accuracy seems horrible! FoD seems to miss quite often...hopefully the Zealous Focus aura can fix this.

• Like 1

Thanks Moxy, I went with your suggestion. I'm in Gilded Vale now and I realised that Pally's accuracy seems horrible! FoD seems to miss quite often...hopefully the Zealous Focus aura can fix this.

The aura gives you +1 base accuracy over fighter, so yeah it's pretty good.

I can't really agree with dumping PER btw., but that's just me seeing the potential to tank everything ingame solo with the pally. ;P

I know you wanna build him as offtank, but since pally is no monk who actually benefits from getting hit, I personally would still max his defensive stats. ;P

Real good pure def stats would be wild orlan 17 MIG/15 CON/4 DEX/20 PER/3 IN/18 RES, if you wanted more IN you still could lower CON.

The aura gives you +1 base accuracy over fighter, so yeah it's pretty good.

I can't really agree with dumping PER btw., but that's just me seeing the potential to tank everything ingame solo with the pally. ;P

I know you wanna build him as offtank, but since pally is no monk who actually benefits from getting hit, I personally would still max his defensive stats. ;P

Real good pure def stats would be wild orlan 17 MIG/15 CON/4 DEX/20 PER/3 IN/18 RES, if you wanted more IN you still could lower CON.

Yeah I was thinking of dumping Int to boost Per...but I don't really like my PC to be a dumb one though.

Yeah I had this weird idea int would help the aura radius.. but it's so small anyway it doesn't matter.

For below potd... the int is not needed as inspiring and sworn last long enough. Though I would still keep it at 8+.

Yeah I had this weird idea int would help the aura radius.. but it's so small anyway it doesn't matter.

For below potd... the int is not needed as inspiring and sworn last long enough. Though I would still keep it at 8+.

I just don't feel comfortable playing a low INT character though...I'm currently using my Pally as a scroll caster too. Damn fan of flames are still OP; I killed the bear in the cave easily with it.