[Balance] Gaze of the Adragan spell / Petrification

I think this spell trivializes the game and should be nerfed. I've never missed with it, it works on

both dragons and the final boss

, and it makes anything hit by it die in 4-5 seconds, even in PotD.

I would either lower the accuracy, make some enemies immune to it or lower the duration to 3-4 seconds.

It still says 13 seconds in my old save. Is it only on new games?

I don't know, I think it would still be broken with no damage bonus at all and half the duration. The enemies become unable to act and everything hits them, plus it has +10 accuracy.

Just giving bosses immunity to it would be enough.

Edited by Kefky

I have deleted this spell from my game folder, is a cheat(pre and post). This game is fantastic without mental binding, embrance of earth and certain cc spells. Some bosses must to be immune to all cc spells.

The +10 Accuracy is to off-set Wizard's low general accuracy (and is standard on almost every spell, not just that one).

+10 makes them as accurate with spells and Fighters are with weapons.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Wait till you find what Confusion and Domination do... :)

The original version of Gaze of the Adragan was indeed very powerful (it was like a spell that somehow snuck in from BG2 and casters in PoE are generally much weaker) so I understand why it was nerfed. However, it sounds like you are fundamentally against status effects in general and I don't agree with you. The combat would not be very interesting if the only way to defeat the most challenging enemies was brute force.

It failed on the final boss for me(1.04). Was playing PotD so that may have had something to do with it.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Aloth missed against a certain creature on level 15 of Od Nua (on Hard, which means the stats would've been the same on Normal). 

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Petrification is a very fun spell.

The problem is that it's to powerful in Boss battles.

How to solve this problem without hurting the fun of this spell?

I think the best way is to add a new ability to those legend monsters:getting rid of petrifaction.

Then they can get free within 2-3 seconds from petrifiaction,by a special animation.

In fact,I really miss the spell “Flesh to Stone” in BG, which petrify enemy for ever,only could be rescued by ”Stone to Flesh“.That's a true role-playing design.

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

I think this spell trivializes the game and should be nerfed. I've never missed with it, it works on

I would either lower the accuracy, make some enemies immune to it or lower the duration to 3-4 seconds.

This is not a mmorpg. You know you can choose not to have that spell, right?

This is not a mmorpg. You know you can choose not to have that spell, right?

They've balanced things in every patch so far, so that's not a valid argument.

bosses must to be immune to all cc spell

Since boss fights are pretty much the only fights in this game that have any difficulty for somebody who has learned the rules, that would make a long list of spells basically worthless. It would also make the fights a lot less interesting as your only meaningful tactic is brute force.

bosses must to be immune to all cc spell

Since boss fights are pretty much the only fights in this game that have any difficulty for somebody who has learned the rules, that would make a long list of spells basically worthless. It would also make the fights a lot less interesting as your only meaningful tactic is brute force.

There are more options than brute force or immobilizing an enemy. There are plenty of buffs, debuffs and less debilitating status effects.

I don't understand your point of view. You say those are the only difficult battles, so you think it's good to have an auto-win button?

Edited by Kefky

I have a better idea. Let's make bosses immune to everything except non enchanted hatchet. Enchanted weapons are too powerful since they deal a lot of damage, also sabers are cheat. The only "fair" way to damage a boss is to use a non enchanted hatchet. This would be fun.

I have a better idea. Let's make bosses immune to everything except non enchanted hatchet. Enchanted weapons are too powerful since they deal a lot of damage, also sabers are cheat. The only "fair" way to damage a boss is to use a non enchanted hatchet. This would be fun.

You think killing a boss that can't move or do anything is the same as using weapons that do more damage? lol, OK.

I wasn't complaining. I was just stating that it doesnt make sense people shouting for balance for spells in a single player game where they can choose to have those spells or not. If this were a mmorpg or a game with pvp that balance would make sense, since it isnt it makes no sense whatsoever. Basically you want the game bland, where all classes are exactly the same? Take the bg series, spellcasters were puny compared to warriors at early levels, and at much much later levels spellcasters were powerhouses and warriors although not with such a high potential were very solid. The fun of the game was knowing the different strengths of classes at different stages and feeling unique with your class.